something is eating the fan leaves on my plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratman

Reaction score
hey guys this is my first outdoor flower due to my maid putting my 1000 watt balast outside to get wet.

i have some type of insect eating the fan leaves on three plants i just put outside to flower about 2 weeks ago. what can i treat the plants with to kill it. i cant see any type of insect on the plants, the fan leaves have big holes eaten in them...thx for any help, rm

If its mammal, try hanging a sock filled with blood meal, if its insect try a spray, maybe something organic.

Ya got a cat? They may be doing it?

Get some Sevin Dust and spread it all around the plants in a big circle, as far as you can throw the dust. Try not to breath it while dusting the area around your plants. This barrier will help to keep most bugs away from your plants

i have 4 pitbulls roaming the yard it is no mammal, it is some kind of worm, i haven't found one yet but will look at them again in the am...

its a Grass hopper that jumps and flies around...lands on the plant eats and leaves.( normaly from outer edge to the center )..was also considering the "tiny gren worm" Ive found a few a couple years back that would hide near the node sites and come out at night to munch...can you take some pics of the dammaged leafs?...have ya tried inspecting the plant at night with flashlight?...best of luck my friend

yes i have looked for the culprit day and night and found nothing... it is only eating the big fan leaves

Not too knowledgeable with only one OD season under my belt, but I was cursed with the green caterpillar, but the didn't show up til flower. And hatched out of the buds eating them from the inside out. Had random gnats, and spider mites even on a few of them, and nothing ate fan leaves. Only thing bugs ate on mine were the buds in flower. Sorry, that's not much help....

It can be any of a couple thousand bugs, when growing OD you can IMO/E do the best by creating a "buffer" zone around your plants with seven or any garden bed repelents circling your plants in as big a circle as possable.

i found the culprit today... a little grass hopper about a half inch long...now how do i kill the little mofos

:aok:

ozzy mention one way to rid them..also look into the spray..they sell it at HomeDepot

4u2sm0ke said:
:aok:

ozzy mention one way to rid them..also look into the spray..they sell it at HomeDepot

im in medellin colombia, no seven dust to be had down here...i will hit a plant place and ask them, but was wondering if there is a home remedy to get rid of them...thx, rm

let me have a look see here...we have some home made DIY spray useing a variaty of house hold items..:bolt:

4u2sm0ke said:
let me have a look see here...we have some home made DIY spray useing a variaty of house hold items..:bolt:

one of my friends told me to get a bottle of mineral oil, take some garlic and grind up the garlic in a food processor mix the two, strain out the chunks and spray the plants down with it...what do you think...

yes that will work as wel Ive heard of a cigaret tobacco something with the nicotinel....I am a member at another site and Dont like to direct folks away from this site..But my friend Dice has a great tonic I used a couple years ago with great success..you may have to register..

h420p://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/plant-hospital/201352932-dices-spray-good-mold-mildew-bugs.html

change 420...to...tt

Latest posts

Back