Sooo, what's Life like in Colorado?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedwoodsman

Yes I Cannabis
Reaction score
High Group (?):smoke1:

I've been asking questions on another Forum site (city-data.com) about "what IS Life like in Weed-FREE Colorado".

'Been getting mixed answers, however

(Sounds like some folks don't like us "Stoner's....Ah well, what-a-you gonna do...). 'Can't make everybody Happy, huh.

So I figure, if I'm not getting any real good answers there, I will try here, and ask all my fellow 'Herbivores.

I'm a Connecticut Cannabis Refugee, seeking more Personal Freedom & less Cannabis Persecution.
My Wife & I are thinking about pulling up roots, and heading out West.

I've lived in CT for 62 years, and consider myself a New Englander, I Love New England, but after reading about, and seeing what the Weed situation is like out there, I sure am thinking...

So, what IS Life like there?

How's the climate, growing season, taxes, fuel costs, housing costs, etc.
I'm not concerned about schools, because we've no kids.

I just saw the show on CNBC 'American Weed, Colorado', and my head is ready to just explode!
Fields of Green Budz, Dispensaries, carrying every strain one could want, hash oils, concentrates, on & on.
(Did I Die, and end up in Pot Heaven)??

I've never been West of the Mississippi River, so I don't know much about it.

Some of the folks who replied to my questions, said that it is mostly a 'semi-arid' state, with water restrictions, firewood burning restrictions, the woods aren't the same, as here in the East, etc.

Tell me something good here, people!

Just seeking answers and knowledge here.

Connecticut Sucks, with their hash MJ Laws/Penalties.
- Don't even mention CT's Medical MJ Program.
I looked into it, and one nearly has to be on your death-bed, with some horrible condition, get approved by Multiple Doctors, then go see one specific Lady Doctor, who has the last Holy-Word on IF you can get a Card.
Oh yeah, there's a $200- non refundable application fee.....(Guv'ment's got to get it's share, Legal or not, don't you know).

I hear Massachusetts is much easier to get a card, and perhaps even tiny Rhode Island.
It MIGHT become Legal in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, within 5 (long) years.

So, what's the story with Life out West?
(Suppose I better ask all the same about Washington State also, while I've got your attention.

Thanks for your input here Folks!

Stonedwoodsman :icon_smile:

Stoned woodsman,

Hi, I spent 7 months in Denver 20 years ago and still have more friends in Denver than here. I miss Denver because of the good people I met and plan on calling Carol today. {Sunday} Denver is one mile high or 5300' in altitude.
'There ain't no air' and if you roll over in bed at night you wake up gasping for breath. It's real weird if you are used to 500' above sea level. I shot a 7 pointer and that was the only meat I ate that winter. But the woods are different. The country is desolate and barren, bleak and everything is on a 45 degree slope. The ground is almost 100% solid rock and with little rain and so dry forget gardening.

Real good people but you almost have to be born there to feel at home especially if you have lived in Conn. for 62 years; as that is how long I have lived in Texas.
My cousin Earl told me once: "Poet, right out of high school I traveled to Colorado, Montana, Idaho, all over the west looking for the place I wanted to live and I realized this; {I was 39 then}
it would take you 39 years for anyplace else to ever seem like home". And cousin Earl was right. Some people, like military types can move every year, 100's of times during their lifetime but others are different. I have lived here my whole life. I hunted on 5 mile creek since I was in the 4th grade and now live on 10 mile creek 12 miles south of 5 mile. Same kind of dirt, same kind of trees, same kind of animals. Same elevation, weather, I have lived with 15 miles of right here for 62 years and it is true that it would take 62 years for anyplace else to ever seem like home. Colorado? It's too hot here and too cold there. The weather in California is perfect but there are too many damn people! California makes the desert look good!

Stonedwoodsman dude, maybe not... but it may take you 62 years before Colorado ever seemed like home.

Thank you...

The Poet

I live in western Colorado been here 55ish years. Legal weed is too damn expensive. I been growing my own for probably 25 yrs so the laws never bothered me anyhows. The air is thin and dry.the soil is thin and rocky. The season is short. Winter is long. Everything is expensive. The governor went with Obama care so our taxes are going skyward. I have bought land in Texas. I think this place is doomed!

I live in western Colorado been here 55ish years. Legal weed is too damn expensive. I been growing my own for probably 25 yrs so the laws never bothered me anyhows. The air is thin and dry.the soil is thin and rocky. The season is short. Winter is long. Everything is expensive. The governor went with Obama care so our taxes are going skyward. I have bought land in Texas. I think this place is doomed!

Moving from Colorado to Texas .......seriously? No offense to all you Texans, but that would be one of the last places I would ever live if I grow cannabis.

I think Texas is the last place i would ever live if I had a choice.

never been to colorado, but it does sound fun to shop there

Colorado is beautiful and areas like Denver actually have very nice weather parts of the winter. The air is thin, so those with breathing problems or those who didn't grow up at high altitudes may have a problem. I personally like dry air--there is a lot of be said of places with low humidity. Temps in the 90s are way bearable. Your soil is what you make it. I have poor rocky soil here I live (not Colorado)and made raised beds or brought in loads of topsoil. The cost of living is somewhat high (I have found wages correspond to COS), but not as high as a whole lot of other metropolitan areas. As far as feeling at home, well I have found that home IS where the heart is. You can make anyplace your home if that is what you want to do. You can look for the good around you rather than the bad. You can be a good neighbor and in turn you will have good neighbors. I love places with a sense of community. They will embrace newcomers if you have the right attitude!

I can only guess ??? the reason for living in colorado is the mountains , there is probably a lot better i can think of places to live,,, if its only for the mountains.
Let me think here The Broncos Suck, weather sucks, employment rating suck, housing market sucks, meeting a significant other really sucks, strip malls, pawnshops, smoke shops on every corner no cultural base , whats left of the natives that have been massacred to steal there land sand creek massacre for instance so who ever is left sure have a vendetta
Crime rate well from what i read 90 percent higher then any other city of its size ???? mass shootings like the Batman theater mass shooting, aurora shootings, african decent rates are climbing in population there ..
Moslims ton of mosques in colorado brings me to believe Colorado will be over run by muslim in years to come but other then that hahaha lets see here No water ,oceans colorado river is declining , fishing is declining, oh the list goes on IMO ALASKA if you want to see beautiful clean air water ,fishing abundant life is probably more pleasant

View attachment alaska.jpg

View attachment monte-mckinley-en-alaska.jpg

View attachment th (2).jpg

View attachment th (1).jpg

nice pictures DR fever are they from colorado state

I just got back from Colorado. Denver was OK but it seemed a lot like the TX city I live in now... if it snowed here. I wish I'd had time to go farther north and west of Denver. The mountain range was calling me - so I will be back when I've got more time. On my first trip though, I found the Manitu Springs, Garden of the Gods area the most appealing.

View attachment 1-1-IMG_7069.JPG

Latest posts

Back