Sopappy's so so grows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dear diary
2 harvested, horrible to trim, lousy yield again
3 damn males, TWO IN FLOWER ROOM FOR THREE WEEKS GODDAMN IT
(7 YEARS AND THEY STILL SNEAK PAST ME !!!)

UPDATE: horrible looking stuff but packed a punch, wish I knew what it was

scorecard
Remaining 2 in bucket flush drank 2L, ph steady at 5.7
plants in flower tub drank 8 litres, pH dropped from 5.7 to 5.5, ppm dropped 100
plants in veg trays drank a litre, pH from 5.8 to 6.2, ppm dropped 100 (not sure)
plants in veg tub drank 4 litre, pH rose from 6.0 to 6.1, ppm dropped 90
these numbers stlll may be skewed but those are the hugest ppm numbers I've ever seen!

scorecard
Remaining 2 in bucket flush drank 2L, ph steady at 5.7
plants in flower tub drank 8 litres, pH dropped from 5.7 to 5.5, ppm dropped 100
plants in veg trays drank a litre, pH from 5.8 to 6.2, ppm dropped 100 (not sure)
plants in veg tub drank 4 litre, pH rose from 6.0 to 6.1, ppm dropped 90
these numbers stlll may be skewed but those are the hugest ppm numbers I've ever seen!

3 of the 4 did like we are looking for............. plants seem to be drinking well........ just keeping watching........ we want a swing in ph from 5.6 to about 6.3.......... but with the numbers you posted above you should have happy plants and they should be looking good........ we want the swing to take 3+ days......... my flowering res takes 10 days or more to make the swing......... rez sizes vs plant size and numbers make a big difference in swing time........ btw....... i have'nt checked my ppm's in 6 months.

3 of the 4 did like we are looking for............. plants seem to be drinking well

if it drops again tonight, i'll reset it

........ just keeping watching........ we want a swing in ph from 5.6 to about 6.3.......... but with the numbers you posted above you should have happy plants and they should be looking good........ we want the swing to take 3+ days......... my flowering res takes 10 days or more to make the swing.........

is that when i reset? hits 6.3?
I've been tracking the top-ups or 2 weeks, whichever first.

rez sizes vs plant size and numbers make a big difference in swing time........ btw....... i have'nt checked my ppm's in 6 months.

couldn't have done it without you, thanks

He doesn't check ppms because he keeps repeating his perfected grows.
Trichromes on trichromes fps, I'm not taking this bait :)
He doesn't measure the ppms because he already knows what they are

update: pH dip must have been a mistake, tonight, all 4 pHs are sneaking up like they're supposed to but drinking only tonight, ppms barely moved.
might just be in my head but I do think they are looking better

iQUOTE=Lesso;999452]Hydro is my home chemistry set...just too much fun to tinker with.
And yes the gaslight thing. Side by side would be very cool to watch.[/QUOTE]

My analogy is a railroad set but I like that lab thing, I bought REAL beakers too.
I only have the two rooms so can't do that comparison thing. Time lapse of clones under the different light cycles would be very cool indeed.

Holy crap, c-o-l-d out of the tap, 44F ... cheapest way I can think to warm it up is to sit a 5 gal pail in a big sink of hot water.

I threw 10 Jack Herer seeds down the kitchen drain.
Not a good idea to do this stuff stoned :-(

Growth is still slow but they aren't just sitting there !! pictures when I'm finished the resets, harvesting and slaughtering males.

View attachment 101_0043.jpg

I would top them and wait for alternating nodes. Flipping before they are mature results in poor quality buds.

yep true enough wait till you see alternating nodes, that signifies maturity to flower, good call lesso

I'm at 10 modes and still no alternating.... is that normal?

I would top them and wait for alternating nodes. Flipping before they are mature results in poor quality buds.

ooooooooooooooooh I can still top, I missed that...
I let this batch go to 10 nodes and like to top at 7
I can still do that so am I watching for alternating on the branches now?

Top them, lst if you have to. Just wait for signs of maturity.....alternating nodes or preflowers before you flip

Top them, lst if you have to. Just wait for signs of maturity.....alternating nodes or preflowers before you flip

Hey Lesso, seasoned greetings!

cripes, I keep forgetting to check their genitals,
I'm going to pay for that
but I HATE prying like that every day, you can turn them you know

I wanted to avoid the plugs so I carefully stick wet seeds to a pellet and gently cover with a layer of pellets.
Nuthin' for a week...

I member those seeds in the fridge and sprinkle them over the net pots, within 4 days... chia pets
then I just sprinkled some over a tray

It's not quite bag seed, I had a Northern lights grow that was seeded
but everybody was getting sick of it haha, well, it's back.

View attachment 101_0035.jpg

View attachment 101_0034.jpg

from seed it can take 1-2 months to start alternating/mature

from seed it can take 1-2 months to start alternating/mature

sounds about right, I plan 2wks rooting, 2 weeks seedling, 4 weeks veg
I hope that's true about keeping them in veg indefinitely.

I'm culling these already. I got ticked off at 10 seds that wouldn't sprout in hydroton so i just sprinkled a little cannister of seeds (from a seeded grow, gawd, I hope it was the cheese) across the 10 net pots laughing, a hail mary.
Last year about this time I couldn't sprout anything, I was weighing the rooter plugs ffs, now I have a chia pet

no room at the inn, serious cull coming, I feel terrible, I didn't mean for this to happen, I can even "experiment" on some, I feel evil
rather give them away but I'm sure some hermies in there

(any chance my hydro can shorten the 12 wk flower ?
what effing timing, sweet gold 12 wk flower are next in to flower room, another month to keep 50 -70 plants in veg!

on the bright side, they survived the transplanting and are growing in just the pellets, I could bust

View attachment 101_0040.jpg

Hydro wont shorten flowering time. Just veg time.

Hydro wont shorten flowering time. Just veg time.

darn, another fine mess I've gotten myself into
looks like I'll have to spring for T5 bulbs and flower in my veg room

This is that black and white 6miL (?) poly, (panda film) I just started doing this over a couple CW tubes and no issue, it's barely warm to the touch.
But I'm draping this one over 2 4' T5 HO 52W tubes and the plastic does get warm to the touch,
I keep lifting it off the fixture and no sticking, it's outside the grow rooms, kinda cool part of the business, I like the protection for the seedlings but don't want to burn the place down either :)
Can it be too bright for seedlings, they seem fine.

View attachment 101_0043.jpg

View attachment 101_0042.jpg

Latest posts

Back