South African - Newbie Cali Orange Bud Grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudeboy

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll,

I'm a South African who recently bought planted some Bagseeds of Cali Orange Bud.

Got my girls on a 12/12 cycle for now, 3wks old and flurishing beautifully! Luckily, the South African climate is perfect for potent growing (Indoor & Outdoor) even in winter (like now).

It is really easy to grow our Southern strains such as Durban Poison & Swazi as they don't need too much nute attention and thrive even in harsh conditions.

I need some advice from my Northern brothers & sisters on how best to care for my ladies as this is my first grow and thus far, they all show promise. I used sterilized plastic jars to sprout my seedlings without any specific soil mix. Normal (fertile) soil with egg shells and wood shavings to protect the base and preserve the soil. Each morning, I have the girls set up on the roof and bring them indoors at night.

Will my Cali Orange girls be okay like this or am I doing something wrong?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Namaste.

Seems like a good idea how you doing my african friend good luck on your grow there are tons of much more experienced people on board that will gladly help you i'm sure you will get some feed back shortly me i'm a newbie my self with only 3 grows under my belt my 3rd time was a charm 5 foot plants boy were they good after i curered them and it hurt so much to cut them down once the time came because you get attached to your girls but that is part of our thing and its great.so i suggest you just keep on doing what your doing and in no time you will be in good shape right now i no how you feel its great when you first start a grow all anticapating your out come the excitment it will all come together and like i said other people will come to your rescue in no time once the word gets out they will jump right on you and tell you everything you need to no as far as your questions are good luck to you i had some friends where you live once they were really cool later 888

Thank you bro, been trying to upload pics and for some reason the file extention refuses to load. I'll keep working on it..

I look forward to getting all sorts of tips.. I chose the Cali Orange bud to grow because of the similarity in Cali & South African climate. I'm also playing around with a few Purple Haze seeds but intend on setting up a proper grow room for this at a later stage.

Thanks again

Rudeboy, set your grow room up before you plant anything. If your plants are 3 weeks old they need to be under 24 hours of light. When they are mature, then you flip to 12/12.

I don't understand.. if your growing indoors what your climate has to do with anything?

Hi Rosebud,

That's a nickname I call my daughter BTW.. I call her my Rosebud because her Vernac name means Flower:)

I am not growing the Cali Orange indoors though.. I simply move them indoors in the evenings as it's the heart of winter here in South Africa. When I selected the various bagseeds, they were of the Cali Orange & Purple Haze variety. I'm growing the Orange outdoors & want to grow everything else indoors.

Thanks for the tip though.. Truly appreciated

Welcome to Marijuana Passion Bro! This forums got lots of great info and friendly, knowledgeable members. Enjoy!

Welcome to MP. We don't usually encourage people to bring their outdoor plants in as it can also bring in pets. Just a heads up.

As for uploading pics. What type of file extension are you using? This forum accepts many of the more popular ones. It might be that your pics are too large. 1200x1200 is as large as you can post. Most cell phones even take pics bigger than that now a days. You will need to resize them. I use this>>>>http://download.cnet.com/IrfanView/?part=dl-IrfanView&subj=dl&tag=button It's free and easy to use.

Latest posts

Back