Space Gives Astronomers the Finger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
Dontcha wish you had been the first recipient of this shot from the Hubble Telescope? :evil: It is a molecular gas/dust cloud detached from the Carina Nebula. The area is around two light-years across.

Molecular.cloud.arp.jpg

That is a cool pic y.:)
I seen it awhile back. Since the Hubble they have been getting some amazing pics. Makes one understand how small we were are and how large the universe is.....I remember back in high school I mentioned something similar as to the size of the universe comapared to us in my physics class and was looked at like I just stepped off the moon.:laugh:

Haha thats pretty funny.I heard someone on the radio the other day talking about some rover that accidentally drew a picture of a huge penis in the sand on mars I think. Have you seen that one?

This penis (see below)?

utsandiego.com/news/2013/apr/24/penis-mars-rovers-nasa-surface/

The best part was that it was apparently created by accident. I just discovered the finger cloud yesterday while reading a Wikipedia article on molecular clouds in space, but it seems as though most folks (excluding NASA, of course -- apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap030630.html ) think it resembles what I think it resembles, most likely because it has an index finger and thumb as well as the nail and joint wrinkles on the middle finger. "Superhero", indeed.

The Hubble Telescope is da bomb because it very much shows Terrans how small we are and how immense and incredible space is. Most amateur astronomers are probably familiar with the Helix Nebula but it is still awesome to see a gigantic eye in space staring down the Hubble.

helixnebula1.jpg

marsrover_oo_err.jpg

Latest posts

Back