Spain: Basque government regulates cannabis sale and use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
The Basque Parliament will approve a law bill in the first few months of 2012 on drug addiction, which will regulate "the growing, sale and consumption of cannabis".

This is according to the second in command at the region's health authority, Jesus Maria Fernandez, who was quoted by the EFE agency. "It is better to regulate than to ban," said Fernandez, who called the consumption of cannabis "a practice that is already consolidated".

His words were echoed by the leading health official, Rafael Bengoa, who said: "We do not want to be prohibitionists". The consumption and possession of cannabis are regulated by the penal code and by the law on citizen security. For the new ruling, for which "technical and legal studies have been undertaken", the regional government wants to "open a debate" with associations in favour of consumption and to "shape their rights".

The law bill on drug addiction also features prevention and treatment for gambling addictions, which affect 2% of the Basque population, and for addiction to new technology.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/c6wagw4

Well done Spain, I'll be moving, see you next year!:)

I'll be adding Spain to my places to visit. Spain is now two steps ahead of America...who's next?

I knew there was a reason why I majored in Spanish, but that was a long time ago, I wonder if I can remember it.

pcduck Its like riding a bike, just jump on. I will be brushing up on my Spanish..
Always wanted to go to Spain.
Bueno trabajo

Latest posts

Back