SPEAKER BOX / CLOSET GROW papaya/ak-48/northern berry

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

hello all. this is my second indoor grow. my first was a bagseed grow that turned out ok but could have been better. yielded 2 oz dry bud. onto my next grow. just so you all know at the moment i have no camera but will be getting one soon, and will have pics of everything.

SPEAKER BOX- 50 inches tall, 18 inches wide, 18 inches deep
speaker walls painted flat white

(2) 4 inch CMF fans at top of box sucking air out

(3) airholes using pvc tubing at bottom of box sucking air in

(2) 65 watt flourex lights 12 1/2 inches long 8 inches wide
blue spectrum (6,500k) each light
over 4,550 lumens output each light

SOIL- MIRACLE-GRO continuous release plant food to nurish plants non-stop for 3 months. rich, organic material improves drainage and airflow for stronger roots. wetting agent disperses water throughout the mix to prevent dry spots. i also add 10 % perlite to the soil mixture for extra drainage.

CUPS- 16 0z. plastic cups put 3 holes in the bottom for drainage

SEEDS - (2) PAPAYA - NIRVANA (2) AK-48 - NIRVANA (2) NORTHERN BERRY - PEAK

as of today my ladies are 3 weeks 1 day old. :) i hope they are ladies. :rolleyes: i will be taking them out of the speaker box in the next few days. i will be putting them in 3 gallon pots and into the closet under a 400 watt hps for flower. :D will keep you all updated once a week. ;)

Sounds like a really great speaker set up! Def. post the pics when you get the chance Id like to see what the guts look like.
-WSA-

Do yourself a favor and upgrade from miracle grow in subsequent grows.

Using time release nutes prevent you from giving your plants what they need, when they need it.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
SOIL- MIRACLE-GRO continuous release plant food to nourish plants non-stop for 3 months. CUPS- 16 0z. plastic cups put 3 holes in the bottom for drainage
Hey BG, I've got to tell you man, those 16 oz cups will bite you in the butt. For the plants to have optimum growing conditions, the roots need to grow unrestricted. Prior to becoming "root-bound", a plant will slow it's growing to adapt to it's restricted capability. This is obviously something you want to avoid. To totally avoid the possibility, I recommend everyone to put your plant into it's final home when you first plant it. This accomplishes many things. The fine hairs that grow from the roots into the soil or media are not broken or disturbed. This will prevent any slowing of the plant growth. The root system will flourish unimpeded throughout the plants growing cycles. The plant will utilize nutrients in it's most advantageous manner. Transpiration will be maxed out.

Each time a plant is moved from one container to another, it harms the plant in an amount proportional to the amount of damage done to it's root system. It's impossible to move a plant without breaking some of the hair like roots.

I would advise you to setup a growing area for the vegging of the plants that allows you to use a 5 gallon container for each plant. Put the plants into this container as soon as they sprout and then stop touching the plants. They will love it if you just leave them alone.

Also, as others have and will tell you, Miracle Grow is not a food for MJ. It doesn't matter which one of the house plant mixes you use, it's not made to optimize the growth of MJ. Put your plants into a mix of:
1/3 Plain potting soil with no nutrients at all.
1/3 Perlite
1/3 Vermiculite
4 inches of clean gravel at the bottom and keep only the gravel in any standing water/nutrient mix.

Proper nutrients for MJ are available at any MJ related supply web site. Make sure you mix them as instructed. Even a slight variation may cause harm to your plants. This stuff is highly concentrated.

Good luck to you man, and let us see some pics!

what's up everyone. i'm very excited because i got my camera. those things are freaking expensive $250 holy shit. what a pain in the ass to work. what ever happend to shit that was easy. well i hope this works the first time. here are some pics. ok someone please help. i just tried to post some pics and it said file was to large. how do i make it smaller? i found a link in here to make pics smaller is that cool?

564263CE-0356-3D35-F4F82E79136E3811.jpg

Well, B. grunt. (pardon the abbrev. but that is what you stuck with me posting. hahaha.)

You just blew my socks off with that cab. that is a fine peice a craftsmanship.
The newb should take note of the nice very white melamine interior, well placed exhaust fans and the chain light adjustment. Room for growth and ease of access. the maintenence must be easy in that thing. (I feel like the narrator off of lifestyles of the rich and famous) hahahaha

I only have 1 Q? it is in you living room or bedroom what are you doing for odor control?
Damn dude. That is a sweet set-up.

Yeah that does look great. Now comes the fun part…My massive attack of questions, so lets begin.
  • That pic is of the front I assume and if I’m right, what do you use to keep the light from escaping from the front mesh, fan ports and the pvc holes?
  • How do you hide the 4 cords coming out of the back.
  • Are your fans very loud
  • And finally. Is that a starving Ethiopian on TV?
When I measured the box out that’s a really good size speaker, I admire your enthusiasm for rocking out. :cool: –WSA-

P.S. Mutt, you sounded more like the guy from “This Old House”

damn you nailed it. Yep, I am that guy (not), my next show will be how to build a grow room in a greek revival estate. hahahahaha
but, his moms box(haha) questions too. Good questions. well hell, tell us about the fans, where did you get em and how many CFM's did you wire them yourself?

whats up Stoneybud. i here ya. this is my last time using miracle-gro in my setup. also i have bigger containers to start them in next time. by the way thanks for the advice.

whats up Mutt. thanks for the kind words. me and my brother built those speakers back in the early 90's when i use to DJ. as far as order control i don't have to worry since i own my house. my setup is in a spare room.

whats up Your Moms Box. the front of the speaker is fake with painted speakers and wire covers. you cant even tell their fake. the only place that i have light coming out is the back where the fans are. all the cords are hooked to one outlet attached to the back of the speaker. the fans do make a humming sound but not to bad. and to answer your last question that is a starving ethiopian on my tube. ha ha ha

hey Mutt (2) 4 inch CMF fans and yes i wired them myself. had to purchase a ac adapter at wally world for $10. i will be posting some more pics today.

whats up everyone. here is a pic of the front and back of my speaker box. :cool: also tossed in a pic of a baby northern berry. more pics later today.:D

58AACB5D-D248-4DAD-B0754D1F8FBDE7C2.jpg

58A8DD9F-F727-D8AC-391886BBC4F90D20.jpg

58C69770-0F14-6EC1-AF6F17CBB454A54D.jpg

Wow. that is a crazy front with the collage. Sweet.

thanx Mutt. here are a few new pics. just transplanted them into 3 gallon pots and moved them to the closet with a 400 watt hps. closet measures 63 inches tall, 22 inches wide, and 44 inches long. i have (2) 4 inch cmf fans at the top of the closet sucking hot air out and another fan blowing on the hps. temps stay around 79 to 82 degrees.

59E6F98E-E93C-6C34-37E15EEFEF80EEE4.jpg

59E7D5B1-BE65-E999-2CC8E127B29533A3.jpg

59E44F6B-0E65-AF58-48214D9A61E6327A.jpg

59E55CDA-D11F-C98D-26E02A09303E4F55.jpg

59E62AFC-9CD1-4AF6-FF633E9EF7B272A7.jpg

59E89938-BD5E-5F94-36EB327DF4E1D2B5.jpg

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
thanx Mutt. here are a few new pics. just transplanted them into 3 gallon pots and moved them to the closet with a 400 watt hps. closet measures 63 inches tall, 22 inches wide, and 44 inches long. i have (2) 4 inch cmf fans at the top of the closet sucking hot air out and another fan blowing on the hps. temps stay around 79 to 82 degrees.
Those plants will be much happier now. The one you show is a very healthy looking specimen. Are you going to flower them right away?

The front looks awsome. I think I am going to go to a car audio store and buy 2 15 inch subwoofer covers with small metal mesh. That way I dont have to paint them on and you will not be able to see if a speaker is inside the cover or not.

Again that is the best speaker set up Ive actually seen built on the internet, and believe me Ive looked. Congrats:)

-WSA-

Stoney Bud said:
Those plants will be much happier now. The one you show is a very healthy looking specimen. Are you going to flower them right away?
hi Stoney Bud. yes they are going into flower. i wanted to wait another week or so but you no. i'm going to start germinating some WHITE WIDOW, WHITE RHINO, AND NORTHERN SKUNK tomorrow and the other plants had to come out of the veg room. these i will veg longer.

Your Moms Box said:
The front looks awsome. I think I am going to go to a car audio store and buy 2 15 inch subwoofer covers with small metal mesh. That way I dont have to paint them on and you will not be able to see if a speaker is inside the cover or not.

Again that is the best speaker set up Ive actually seen built on the internet, and believe me Ive looked. Congrats:)

-WSA-
hi Your Moms Box. the covers i have arn't painted they are real wire speaker grills. the speaker is painted on the wood behind the grill. by the way everyone thanx for the compliments. ;)

Great grow man. It's rare that you see a well constructed stealth box. kudos

The "claw" effect on the close-up indicates a nutrient imbalance.
It's not uncommon when using miracle grow products.
There is no real solution except frequent flushing and that doesn't really solve the problem because there's no way to tell what you have when you're done.
I'd flush them now, then use light apllications of grow nutrient through week 3 of flowering (know as "the stretch" when the plant will more than double in height) and then switch to a flowering nutrient.
During the last 2 weeks before harvest use plain water or you might want to add pineapple juice at the rate of 1/2 cup per gal/water.

Have you considered trying cloning in the future?
Not the starving Ethiopians, your plants.

GanjaGuru said:
The "claw" effect on the close-up indicates a nutrient imbalance.
It's not uncommon when using miracle grow products.
There is no real solution except frequent flushing and that doesn't really solve the problem because there's no way to tell what you have when you're done.
I'd flush them now, then use light apllications of grow nutrient through week 3 of flowering (know as "the stretch" when the plant will more than double in height) and then switch to a flowering nutrient.
During the last 2 weeks before harvest use plain water or you might want to add pineapple juice at the rate of 1/2 cup per gal/water.

Have you considered trying cloning in the future?
Not the starving Ethiopians, your plants.
whats up GanjaGuru. the plant you are talking about is a northern berry. both of my northern berrys were mutants. the other got its first 2 sets of leafs and stopped growing so i had to chop the top and now its the twin towers and doing fine. the one you are talking about has leafs thick like cabbage. all my other plants are fine other than i forgot to water them a week ago and they received some sunburn. i have read alot of things about the northern berrys having mutation problems. here are a few shots of my other babies. also once this grow is over i will be using a different soil.

6072906B-A4B0-9858-610DDC1C258251E8.jpg

60703DC0-0AE6-276C-2F25085E60E62BA3.jpg

6074D483-988A-7ADC-6F3B2BBEE68B1002.jpg

6073D825-CED7-2F3B-147FAA02577EB5BC.jpg

6071B183-D8E7-A86B-34CC959A4DEFF5B7.jpg

Latest posts

Back