Speaking of gnats.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharonp

Reaction score
I bought some Miracle Grow Performance because it is organic and does not have time released nitrogen. I thought I would try it since I can get it easily, but it was infested with fungus gnats. I ended up throwing it outside. I put a couple of mature seedlings in it and they didn't grow at all in two weeks. I am thankful I didn't have larger plants in it. I know there are treatments but since the plants were so small that was the best thing I could think of to do.

gnatrol work good for me yrs ago
But need to research it again for cannabis use now.
The rules may have changed

I have a few i have to kill everyday. They dont really seem to do anything but bug the shit outta me. Dont seem to be hurting the plant at all.

I have a few i have to kill everyday. They dont really seem to do anything but bug the shit outta me. Dont seem to be hurting the plant at all.

These I could see crawling out of the dirt and they lay larvae in the soil. I guess if you can keep the top inch or two dry they couldn't survive. Someone mentioned Mosquito Bits and I might get some to keep on hand. They must like composting wood and bark.

Funny as hell. I did a little reading and found out they are attracted to yellow. So i had this brand new yellow fly swatter. I put petroleum jelly all over it and stuck it in the pot. But what was funny is two were stuck in it before i could get all the petroleum jelly on it.😁 The fly swatter works great because it has little tiny holes that fill easily with the petroleum. When im done i can clean it and reuse it if needed.
And its a fly swatter,, get it. Thats what those Gnats are is tiny flies.😁

Yeah they were in the soil of my potted lemon trees. The mulch that i use for them in the hot sun outside was keeping the soil to moist when i moved them inside out of the cold.

You can buy yellow sticky traps, but the fly swatter will work too. My plants were seedlings and they were not growing. Probably, because their root system isn't developed yet.

Pyganic for the win
can be used during flower too
oMRI organic
works on spider mites too , ask me how I know

The yellow swatter or cardboard with petroleum jelly on it is not toxic and works great. Their just gnats.
Also let the soil dry out and they will die out.

Latest posts

Back