Speaking of Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CasualGrower

Reaction score
OK..... I used to Veg under 6500K CFLs...... and dont mind still doing so...... Has been years since i grew though and was wondering if LEDs have finally evolved into something to flower under? I am looking to start up a small grow just for fun. should I drag out and clean up my old 400 watt HPS lamps.... Or is there a better ..... maybe not better.... but another viable option out there now? I am having to get a new PH meter.... a new EC meter.... pretty much starting from scratch again

To answer your question,, yes they have come along ways my friend.

https://www.spider-farmer.com/products/sf-4000-led-grow-light/
Im looking at it...... How big is that unit???? looks to be a 4X4 unit for a larger tent.... Full light spectrum.... But is the Lumen output enough???? And enough red spectrum for blooming....... is it adjustable for Veg and bloom? go from daylight to red? Like I said... I am old school here... so the new tech is well..... New to me.... My local Worms Way, which prolly would have one of these closed several years ago.... So i have one possible other place where I might be able to see one...... There was a hydro grow shop in town... not sure if he is still in business. a 450 Watt power draw just seems like a LOT for an LED system..... I mean it draws more than one of my HPS lights...... Is the output worth it?

No sir its not a 4x4. It will cover a 4x4 area though. Did you click on that link and read. Check the specs section. Watch the video below

Look around on this forum. Several members are growing with Spider Farmer and Mars Hydro. They are badass lights for growing from start to finish.

Light Size is 25" x 21"

Last edited:
No hid here lol
IMG_20230222_224313.jpg

Very NICE..... I am not a volume guy.... more of a hobby guy and this light might fit my wants...... I am a one plant supercrop and reveg type grower...... This light i think might fit me

Latest posts

Back