Spider Farm : )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrashMagnet

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
They are only on one bud of one plant, and have apparently been there for a while. Should I be concerned? A little alcohol spray would kill them easy enough, but I don't know if it would damage the trichomes.

spider1.jpg
spider2.jpg
spider3.jpg

Spiders? I mean it's the only plant with any on it, and it's almost ready to chop. I could chop it now, actually.

if you can see them this clearly you are infested...look around with magnification you'll see plenty...sorry for you my friend, we all go thru this type of misery sooner or later...they go to other plant on the wind of a fan...

if you can see them this clearly you are infested...look around with magnification you'll see plenty...sorry for you my friend, we all go thru this type of misery sooner or later...they go to other plant on the wind of a fan...
I actually had them on one strain and not others
Got rid of them by taking the infected plant out and treated the others just in case
But I caught them early on just as I saw a web

those droppings are eggs...burn everything in flower or smoke bugs...avid in early veg but be careful, avid isn't you're typical pesticide...bomb the room with a pylon bomb and begin anew...it sucks but it's reality...good luck

I took all the plants in the tent outside and hosed them down with high pressure water. Left them there where it will be in the 40's tonight. I will destroy them more completely when I get home from work tomorrow. Losing them is no big deal, but the tent is next to the DWC with all the GSC's also in flower. Do I really need to burn them too?

only you can answer that question...have they gotten into that tent, examine it with magnigication...once you have mites they are everywhere...try to save the plants but it's usually an effort in futility...1 can reproduce in staggering number within days...the sooner they are dead the sooner you can concentrate on a healthy grow...blasting with water helps but it also blows off the trichomes...no free lunches with the borg...

I used an insect bomb in the tent with it closed. I wasn't planning on ever using the tent again anyway. I am reworking the room this summer so it won't need a tent. It can stay closed until then.

I also sprayed the plants I put outside with insecticide, and will bag them tomorrow. I made a sign for the bag to warn any hopeful trash collectors not to smoke anything. No fire pit here, so I can't really burn them.

I've looked at every top level bud in the DWC using a scope attached to my camera, and saw no spider mites. I know that's no guarantee, but I'm not quite ready to lose those yet. Anyway, if they are there the plants in the main room are probably infected as well. Dumb ass that I am, I brought a bunch of tomato and assorted veggie plants in from the cold tonight. I don't have any safe mite killer, and the stores are closed. They will get treated tomorrow afternoon, though.

This is what I get for choosing a name like Crash Magnet : )

Thanks for the advise boo. And don't be too sorry for me. This is all for entertainment anyway. Dueling with spider mites is just as interesting as trying to maintain the perfect grow environment. It's not like I don't already have more weed harvested than I can smoke in a year.

brother, I as many others have been there...don't spray anything in flower, it's just not safe...you can spray veg plants but do it early...I hope you got lucky and have none in dwc but if you go near the borg and then into the dwc area they come with you...the literally ride on the breeze of a fan...pylon bomb for the win...trust me, they work...

I found them on the mother plant in the other room. I had it outside, but brought it in when I went on vacation. Every leaf is infected. I can see them move with a scope on the underside of the leaves. At least I know how they got in.

No way the mites could have gotten into the tent without passing by the DWC. But I'll give them a few days and see what happens. Have to wait for the pylon bombs anyway.

mites.jpg

Latest posts

Back