Spider Farm : )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry to read all this about your spider mites this morning crash. I have learned a lot from your experience and now am thinking about brining my plants in and out every day for hardening up then putting them back in the tent with the “inside girls“ taking a chance of bringing something in like spider mites in as well. I’m glad that you are taking it well and see it as a learning experience. Thanks so much for posting and good luck and again I’m so sorry for your experience in this grow…😢
I have to say, the entertainment factor of dealing with the mites has offset the loss of the plants quite a bit. If I succeed in cleaning the mother plant of the things it will be well worth the experience.

I think you're right about the risk to the inside girls. Hopefully, this week will be the end of the cold weather.

1652100433564.png

I have a full sized poster in my grow room it scares the heck out of them mites

Last edited:
I have used Dr Zymes with success. It is supposed to be safe for fruit you will consume but I wouldn’t spray my flowers with it. You learned the hard way that mixing indoor and outdoor plants can be catastrophic. I learned that as well. I did it with my houseplants though. They infected my grow(the fkers). Some people will dunk their buds in a 5 gallon bucket filled with water to clean them before drying them for curing. Might be worth a try. More learning with very little downside. There is also a thread on here about water curing that might work for washing away the borg and their **** though it sounds like it washes away the terpenes. As ‘hopper said, if you have smoked weed for a long time, you likely have smoked a bug or two. You certainly are taking it well. I would be angry.

I know how bad the 2 spotted mite is. Avid once so long ago fixed my mom at my old house. Clones never saw mites again. I don’t have the strain anymore but it was that experience that led me to believe avid is longer lasting then we are told.

I have a bright red mite every year in spring that covers the south wall of my new house. Come in cracks in the windows and floors. Scary at first - but I’ve never seen them on any plants in the yard. Just stucco.

I know how bad the 2 spotted mite is. Avid once so long ago fixed my mom at my old house. Clones never saw mites again. I don’t have the strain anymore but it was that experience that led me to believe avid is longer lasting then we are told.

I have a bright red mite every year in spring that covers the south wall of my new house. Come in cracks in the windows and floors. Scary at first - but I’ve never seen them on any plants in the yard. Just stucco.

Those could be clover mites, red bugs. They are harmless, but their larva is what we know as <shiver> chiggers.

I battled with mites for years before i found a real solution. Mites are not a one time dilemma and they find a way to reoccur. The trick is to know their life cycle and use it to your advantage. They hibernate in cold weather so avoid trying to eradicate them in cold weather. When it is hot, you only need to starve them for a couple of weeks to eradicate them from your grow. Look into systemic pesticides that are certified for cannabis. If you remove all vegetation and make the plants toxic to the mites for two weeks in hot weather, the mites should be well gone by then. I sprayed them every 2 to 3 days 2 weeks during early veg and it solved my problem. To deal with them during flowering when i had infestations I used organic potassium soap but is a PITA because it kills on contact and once it dries it does not have any effect. It also dries the leaves somewhat but controls the problem pretty well. I tried lots of things. H2O2 damaged the leaves and did nothing to the bastards. I once kept a plant submerged for hours in water to drown them i was shocked to see them crawling after i removed it. They are however easy to control and they don't scare me that much. I worry more about aphids. They are disgusting and very fast to infest much more difficult for me to control once they do break out. The best thing i did for them was to eliminate those damn ants. I look at ants differently now. If I see a small ant walking up or down my stem, I know it is there looking for honeydew and to herd aphids on my plants! Ants are easy to control and helps a lot IME. cheers!

Latest posts

Back