Spider mites??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH dear, you have a huge mess on your hands. Get to the store and get something for the mights immediately. YOur plant show nute burn. Treat the borg, here is a link to what to get...http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69068

Thanks Rosebud! I was afraid if that, live and learn. I'm going to get something right now.

This might be a dumb question, but can the buds that have been infested with mites still be smoked? And what exactly does the mites do? From what I've read they suck and eat off the buds and plants making them less potent???

with that much damage I would think that you would see webbing by now ,,,,, get a jewelers loupe and break off a leaf and look for the borg and its larva or use your handheld microscope if you have one

If the buds are not all webbed up I keep them. If they are covered in webs I write it off as a loss. I fought the Borg and eventually won but it was one of the biggest PITA I have dealt with grow wise. Good luck.

Thanks everyone! Got some neem oil, sprayed'em down. Man that stuff stinks! Let ya'll know how it goes!!

Do you have an eye piece, loupe? At least 30 X magnification, if your old like me 60.

Neem? shoot.

DO NOT USE NEEM OIL! I know I'm shouting, but I want to make sure you hear me. First of all, neem oil simply does not work. In addition, it puts an oily film on the plants that just doesn't seem to come off and you can taste the residual oil on the buds--icky.

You have quite a bad infestation, but no webs is a good sign. It is going to be hard to beat them at this point, but it is doable. If you are in a dry climate and don't have to worry about mold, I would give them a quick shower, if possible. And by shower, I do mean a shower--either take them outside and spray with a fine med pressure spray from the hose or put hem in the shower and clean off as many of those things as you can. Order some Azamax or SNS 217 to get rid of them. If you get rid of them, use SNS 209 to keep them away. Someone here mentioned Castille's Peppermint soap, but I personally have never tried it.

Also, clean the surrounding areas constantly, once or twice is NOT good enough!

I have fought the Borg more than once, trust me, remove your plants from the room n clean, clean, clean and then clean again.

Keep in mind fans blow around the mites as they weigh nothing n float on air, they can travel n be dormant for quite sometime in crevasse's , corners and places too small to get every one the first pass cleaning, thus repeated cleanings to eventually get every spot.

Dont be lazy, the Borg are amazing survivors and will come back after being dormant for months if even one egg is left and the conditions become right again for it to hAtch.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back