Spider mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoseyWales

I reckon so.
Reaction score
I got them on my new plants that are 2 weeks old. Very small brown bugs and even smaller black deposits on the outer edges of the leaves. Any ideas as to how to get rid of them. I used FF soil from last year but the bag was never opened.

Lots of products out there. I use Azamax. Spray especially the under leaves, total darkness until they dry. Do this 3 or 4 times every other day. You have to disrupt the life cycle. All eggs and new hatches have to be wiped out completely. Easy if you have smaller plants in veg......make sure you get them before switching to flower. Whole different ball game there.

Amphids

1649869070676.png
1649869325733.png

avid for the win...no discussion here...use in early veg only...once and done...if you use it late in the plants life it will affect the smoke, not anything I'd smoke...it has a short half life...

God i hate those fkers. They are little demons that belong in hell.:mad:

I believe Spider Mites these look totally different than Aphids and i would say bigger too. I'm no budologist by any means. Aphids leaves little white balls if my memory is good.

Yupper that's what i got
I'm confused with the pictures I shouldn't be I'll take a picture. I only have 10 or 12 at most don't see any webbing.

you cant see mites with anything less that 30 power...if you have one you have hundreds you don't know about...azamax and neem oil slows them down, avid kills them...end of story...

avid for the win...no discussion here...use in early veg only...once and done...if you use it late in the plants life it will affect the smoke, not anything I'd smoke...it has a short half life...
OK folks sorry had to go out for a bit. Now last year WeedHopper helped me with aphids and it worked great as advertised, but aphids didn't leave little track marks they had holes.

Attachments

• New Plants 005.JPG
    New Plants 005.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 11
  • New Plants 009.JPG
    New Plants 009.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 11
If your plant leaves look like someone was doodling squiggly lines, It's likely that your plant has a leafminer infestation.1 Leafminers are the larvae of various beetles, flies, moths, and sawflies. The adult lays their eggs on the leaf and the larvae burrow into the leaf and tunnel through it, feeding and leaving a transparent trail of where they've been. If you look closely, you can often see a dark dot at the end of one of the lines.

1649877751750.png
1649877815353.png

The best way to control leafminer damage is to watch for symptoms and catch it early, when you can remove the affected leaves and avoid further spread. If you're growing leafy vegetables that you plan to eat, be sure to check your garden frequently to look for signs of leafminer in order to stop the problem as soon as possible. Eggs are conspicuous on greens like spinach and kale and can be removed before they hatch into destructive adults. Check the undersides of the leaves early in the season to check for this pest.

Latest posts

Back