Spider Mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berserker

Valhalla
Reaction score
I broke a cardinal rule by letting another plant into my grow room, my plants are infested now with spider mites because of this plant that I let in.I am a couple days into week 7 of flowering and was wondering is there anything that I can put on or spray to take care of this problem or am I to late into flowering because of harvesting?And if I am to late will the spider mites have any repercusions on the harvest?Also after the plants are harvested do I have to spray the grow room down to or how do I get rid of the mites in the room itself?:confused:

Pyrethrum bombs. you can get them at your local Hydro-store.

Well i will tell you guys this.I am about to go into my flower room and harvest them plants.I feel have done so much reading on these little a holes,that my eyes are burning.I do have two seperate rooms for veg and flower and the ones in veg room got mites also:mad: I am gonna use 50%iso and 50% H20 on them plants do i have to rip all my mylar down and all that?Is that enough to get rid of them?Or can i just keep a plant out of them rooms for X amount of days and they will die off?PLEASE can ANYONE HELP on this?

THCskunk said:
Pyrethrum bombs. you can get them at your local Hydro-store.

I personally wouldn't use anything like that on flowering plants, especially that far into flowering.
I've used Neem oil during veg once successfully.

Jerseydude said:
I personally wouldn't use anything like that on flowering plants, especially that far into flowering.
I've used Neem oil during veg once successfully.

Pyrethrum has been used for years and years on fields... it starts to break down the second it comes into contact with light and air.... takes a week to be 100% consumable.

thanks for the replies.But now my main concern is i dont want these mites to keep coming back.They are in a closet so that means there is carpet in there, i cant spray bleach on all that.So whats the best idea on how to take care of the growroom?Could i drop the temp right out of it.Cause we have below 0 temps here will that work or will they hybernate and then come back after it warms up again?Please help i have 4 widow warrior plants that are coming out of germination and into the fveg.room in the next couple days.Last question,is it to earliy to harvest my plants that are into there 7th week of flower?

berserk...that totally BLOWS! I can understand where you're coming from. Last week, about 3 weeks into flowing, I discovers these little red f#@&er$ on four of my plants. I quicky took them to the kitchen sink, and used the sprayer on them, under tepid water, and doused each plant. Checked about 6 hours later, and still had some. Repeated action. Checked the next morning; still had some, but not as many. Did the same thing again. After 3 1/2 days of doing this [plus wipeing the walls/floor of my cabinet, I'm happy to report they are gone [praise be!]. I wish I knew how it happened, as I didn't [as far as I know] introduce anything new into my environment. I wish you best of luck, but, hopefully, you'll get it under control without having to use any chemicals.

Nelson

well sad to say , i did harvest my ladies this afternoon.I didnt want to but i didnt want these brogs to get any worse.I ended up killing my ladies that where in my veg. room:cry: So now both of my rooms are cleared out of all plants.So my next step is,i am thinking about just bombing the whole area,and then doing a good cleaning top to bottom,and hope that all that i have done and will do isnt in vain.I got to KILL this enemy.I will keep everyone posted on how this turns out and if any one has any suggestions to help,drop a post.Thanks:farm:

Im in the same boat. I introduced 2 clones and I always use seed. Never had bugs . The clones jacked everything. Tossed it all. Sprayed with bleach for a bit ( about 3 times a week for a week.) built a new hydro system and re-started....noticed the dreaded webs..trashed it all. Been spraying for 2 weeks daily with bleach. I have a pyrethrum bomb but its overdose for tent size. Once eradicated I wont have any issues,Think Ill chance the bomb...concerned about safely using it.

Im in the same boat. I introduced 2 clones and I always use seed. Never had bugs . The clones jacked everything. Tossed it all. Sprayed with bleach for a bit ( about 3 times a week for a week.) built a new hydro system and re-started....noticed the dreaded webs..trashed it all. Been spraying for 2 weeks daily with bleach. I have a pyrethrum bomb but its overdose for tent size. Once eradicated I wont have any issues,Think Ill chance the bomb...concerned about safely using it.
It is good to find a way for you to deal with them that is easier than trashing everything and restarting. This pest could come at any time again. Make your room all smooth with no holes or dents so you could clean it easily and then rely on one or more of the many treatments for mites.

you can kill the mites in the soil with hydrogen peroxide diluted 1/2 to 1 cup in water. it wont hurt the plants cause when it reacts it just turns to oxygen in soil and will increase growth. Diatomaceous earth kills mites on contact so maybe dust with that or use a fan to spread in the room. sulfur burns will help but only do that once a week. lady bugs eat mites also. possibly increasing co2 for short periods will suffocate some of them

Latest posts

Back