spidermites.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KID

I have been growing for about 6 years now.Last summer I got some cuttings from a friend which also came with spidermites:( .Devestating.I will never do that again.Anyway,I shut down my garden about 3 months ago.I removed all plants(houseplants included).I let off a couple of bug bombs and cleaned the place thoroughly,and sprayed walls and corners with a bleach water solution.Now I am getting anxious to start again.I will get new pots and soil,and bomb one more time before restarting.What do you guys think.Any suggestions??
Thanks
KID

It sounds like you've done a good job on starting fresh. Bug bombs don't get under stuff very well. If you use a misting bottle and spray under any furniture or stuff like that, it will also help make sure none survived.

Good luck man!

use neem oil i think this helps or look for a good insecticide at the homey depot!

repaint...use the same dilluted bleach solution on "everything" associated with the room, lights, fixtures, cords,

Thanks for responding Hick.Right now i am finishing up my little veg box for my fresh grow.I used all new equipment here.I took my big lights and exhast fan out to the shed.Its been ther for a couple of months now,and its been below freezing too.Do you think I can get away with using this stuff.I wont need it for a couple more months.Sould I open the ballast and exhast and clean/spray in there?Am very anxious to start again.I still have some balck domina and jack herer seeds laying around.I will germinate those tomorrow.Waitnig on an order from the doc-super haze and white widow.Im debating weather to post some pics along the way or not.I would love the feedback,but am a little paranoid.

..KID..those mites survive winter temps in nature every year. Cold won't eliminate them, they simply hibernate or go dormant until acceptable conditions re-occur..

just get u some lady bugs and leave them in the room. they love spider mites,if they r any left they will find them.

OK.Ill get new lights and fans.I dont want them any more.Thanks KID:joint4:

I dunno if "new" is really necessary...but I would clean them really well, and as stoney hit on, "cracks 'n crevices, under things"..everywhere...

Latest posts

Back