Spindly Leafs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyGalaxy

Reaction score
Long time no write. I have switched to the THG Scrog. Going nicely. But I have developed a problem. Spindly Leafs. What do I add to fix this? If it is a zinc deficiency what can I add?

BAD 010.jpg

BAD 011.jpg

Hey Guy, Those don't look too bad. I see some leaf twist and some wrinkling but I can't find anything on that wrinkling. That could actually be a little bit of overfert or possibly the beginning of some heat stress, but I'm not sure.

Are you in soil or hydro? What are you feeding them? how much watering? How much light?

Thx HP. Got 2 bins / 2 400 mh lights. Nutes have been between 180 and 250. After my last grow (over nuted, over heated, inadvertent herming), this one is well taken care of. I have other plant in same bin 6 inches taller yet none of the spindling. Other bin no issue either plant. Hydro ( this is my hobby) soil looks too easy, maybe when I am lazier. Using Flora nova

Kinda looks like a bit of heat stress....but I don't see any real problem there like Hush said.

Hamster Lewis said:
Kinda looks like a bit of heat stress....but I don't see any real problem there like Hush said.

But why wouldn't a higher plant right next to it not suffer the same? Raised the light any ways.

That's hard to say. It most likely isn't heat given that the other plant isn't doing the same thing. I did read that plant leaves will curl if they are just hot enough that they are trying to prevent water loss. Don't know how true or accurate that is. It is not yellowing so I would just keep an eye on it. If it progresses or shows up on another plant then it could be something. Sometimes odd things like that are just phenotype variations that are recessive, but it's still worth watching to see if it gets worse.

Latest posts

Back