Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Spiraling growing tip leaves.

Eyeball Kid

Reaction score
8777EB53-2C95-429A-B6B2-BF51D38EE22A.jpeg

71B06E7E-00D0-4A89-9611-6C0C281C98DB.jpeg

I have some curious leaf formations, as you can see. I don’t know the cause, but I can give information, and perhaps some of you may know what’s going on.

First, these curly leaves are not new to me. For the past three growing seasons, one or more of my plants have developed these anomalies. It looks, at first, as if all **** is breaking loose on the plants. On the Gelato #33 that I photographed, all of the growing tips had curly, spiraling leaves coming out. My other two plants, Snoops Dream and Jack Herer, developed the same growth, but not as severe.

In previous years, at about the same time of year, one or more plants did the same thing.

So now after the plants sprout the curly stuff, the next leaves coming out of the growing tips are...normal. This is happening now, just as it happened in previous years.

The soil is new. Every year I use fresh soil. This year, I’m enriching the potting soil with worm castings. In previous years, I used Monsanto’s finest, Miracle Grow ( no more!). They are otherwise healthy, clean plants with no parasites, no molds.

So, my question is: what’s that curly leaf stuff all about? Why does it show up, and why does it fade away to normal growth, with no “interventions”?

docfishwrinkle

Reaction score
i've had it too, but like you said it works it way out real quick so i never figured out what and why. i grow organically and it happened with a batch of super soil i had. i chalked it up to just a titch too much of something. sorry i'm no help

Kyfarmerb

Growing to live.living to grow.
Reaction score
I have the same deal I've just noticed on one of my young girl,s in veg.the rest of the girl looks fine though.

Eyeball Kid

Reaction score
Maybe it’s just an anomalous genetic blip of entirely no consequence, like being born with two cowlicks

Dabrit

Reaction score
I have had this and thought it was down to too much N in fresh compost or medium. Either way plants were fine and if it was the N then they soon found use of it well. Happy grows.

Latest posts