spots on my leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankalvorado

Reaction score
Hey im a first time grower, just joined, hope you guys can help. So I recently noticed these spots on my leaves and some of them are a bit dry and brittle...

generally the plant looks pretty healthy

Jonji004.jpg

I grew it with just natural light and water (im broke so i dont have lights). the plant was in a greenhouse until about a week ago but ive moved it into a utility room so i can black out the windows for the 12/12 light cycle (which seems to be working cos i saw my first pistil the other day)
Im pretty sure there have always been a few spots on the leaves but it seems like there are more now its on 12/12.

Im not sure whats causing it...
the room its in now is slightly colder during the day than the green house. ive probly been watering it too much.. would over watering cause these spots/ dry leaves? or could it be something else?

Any advice would be appreciated

Best to upload pix to this site..I am sorry but I wont click on the link...Spots on leafs could meen a few things..First come to mind is mites:hitchair: next being a CAlmag issue...A Moderator will be by to clean up..untill then read this.... http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html

I have edited your posts to remove the direct links. We ask that your pics be posted directly here. Most of us will not click on blink links.

Plants have certain minimum requirements. The first is adequate light. I highly doubt that you are going to have enough light through a utility room window to provide nearly enough light for this plant to finish. In addition, the space needs to be kept 100% dark with absolutely NO light leaks and (more importantly) NO interruptions of the dark cycle. This is hard to achieve in a room in your home that you use or even adjacent to a room you use. Interior doors are never light proof.

Plants also need the right nutrients. You cannot just feed them water. In addition, plants inside need some kind of ventilation. This needs to be more than an oscillating fan blowing on them. They need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis. You need to exhaust the CO2 depleted air and bring in fresh air.

However, unless your nights are getting really cold, I do not understand why you took it out of the greenhouse if that is where it had vegged. The waning days should have triggered flowering. How old were the plants?

Remember, you are trying to grow something that sells for $300 an oz or so. It does take some investment of time, study, energy, and money. I believe that you are going to have to invest in a grow space if you want to finish these out (if you cannot put back in the greenhouse).

Frank, you really do need to read the rules. Re-editing your links to make them live again isn't cool.

You should be giving it nutrients formulated for mj like gh or fox famr

frankalvorado said:
sorry about the pics. what nutrients should i be giving it when its flowering?

if ya have access to Fox farm nutes thats what I would run with..if not just be sure the NPK is leaning towards the right ....0-1-2...

...and I feel some cal/mag would do those well

take care and be safe

It doesn't look like a big concern from what I see....I wld be more worried about adjusting your nutrients for flowering now. Like 4u said some cal mag and adjust NPK to something like 0-1-2.

Don't forget to go back and make those live, then dead, now live again links...dead again. :aok:

While I'm too new to growing to speculate on your problem, I do want to say that is one very pretty lady! :icon_smile:

Those spots definitely look like bug bites to me. I would check them over very good and make sure as the bugs will eat up yer smoke before you know it. :)

Look for little tiny black specs, that would be bug ****. Do you have a loupe you can use to see close?

Latest posts

Back