Spotted some bugs today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iron Emmett

Closet Farmer
Reaction score
3 or 4 days ago while watering i noticed some parts of a leaf were speckled white, so i decided to keep an eye on the area, today i saw some little bugs crawling on my ladies, they are on the top side of the leaves, they are very small, rounded body white almost translucent, they have a red eyes and 6 legs, they dont have long forelegs like spider mites and they arent 8 legged so i think they might be something else, anyone have any idea based on the description?

Ok little update here, i found a second bug on the same leaf and was able to get a better look as it was much larger, it appears to have two little horns/antenna sticking out of its hind end, so i believe it is some type of Aphid, anyone have any experience with them? and the best way to completely decimate them and everything they hold dear?

IMO,it does sound like a type of Aphid. You can use any type of houseplant insect killer spray. I personally like Take Down Garden, it's very effective and very safe to use.

Pyrethrin based bug gitters to kill'em and Neem oil to keep'em away

Thanks guys, ill look for Take Down Garden, and/or anything with Pyrethrin, and some neem oil, have either of you guys tried lady bugs?

I told my girlfriend about the bugs and she wants to release lady bugs in the house, she said "Lady Bugs are like a Aphid monsters, its so much fun to watch them devour the little *$%#s"

She told me that in high school horticulture class they used them alot for aphids, i have heard of people using lady bugs outside and they work well, and i have to admit releasing some type of demonic engine of destruction forged specifically to devour the creature that is infesting my plants, seems very appealing.

Anyone have any thoughts on lady bugs in the house, are they hard to get rid of, do they infest your house?

I think I know what it is. Does it look like this under a 30x or 60x magnifier??

I hope it doesn't because these are very difficult to get rid of :cool:

I have never used ladybugs but from what I hear is they like to fly into the light.

Thanks for pitching in everyone, i picked up a bottle of Dont Bug Me, its made by fox farms and uses Pyrethrum. dude at the hydro store said it was good, so heres hoping :)

Latest posts

Back