Spotty leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Bleenie

Reaction score
I ordered some good nutrients to fix that problem but now I’ve seen that my biggest plant has these speckles all over it. Under the microscope it’s just brown/green/yellow blotches and no 🕷 bugs(made sure I checked).

Any input is appreciated 😩🥰. These issues are following a bought of plant neglect. (Mom in law has had multiple hospitalizations so I’ve been a mess).

Seriously, any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• 1C3DDCEE-9055-426C-82CF-D4E03955FF09.jpeg
    1C3DDCEE-9055-426C-82CF-D4E03955FF09.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 3A5E160F-432C-4B11-9F8B-1DC0F56E547C.jpeg
    3A5E160F-432C-4B11-9F8B-1DC0F56E547C.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 32
I don’t wanna jump right this second but maybe this is a problem trimming can help mend? Also, I just took a ton of cuttings/trims from this big girl before I saw this today. I don’t recall this spotting when I trimmed just a week ago. The cuttings look mostly fine, at least no signs of this dusty-looking spotting on them.

If so hopefully they can be exterminated Fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I think you can save the plants. Azamax or similar once every 2 days 4 times should get rid of them. Works for me. As long as they are still in veg....and they look to be. If in flower....good bye....

Actually I think you can save the plants. Azamax or similar once every 2 days 4 times should get rid of them. Works for me. As long as they are still in veg....and they look to be. If in flower....good bye....
You around I sent you a PM

All still in veg.

I have spider mite spray I can hit them with. I feel like I saw somewhere that you can blast the plants with water from below(or upside down) to help rid the spider mites, does that help at all? At least the smaller ones I can do this with if it will help. I think moms getting a serious thinning.

What about Diatomaceous Earth? Will that shred & dehydrate/kill them like it does other bugs?

Thank you all! I’m changing the bulbs in the laundry now and may be back with better pictures. I need to find my microscope for the laptop too, instead of the handheld I checked with.

I found the mites! I had a pepper plant that has been with them but it’s always looked good so 🤷🏼‍♀️. Got down into it and found the mother lode 😩🤬. Pepper plant has been evicted from the whole house and all my weedies got a trim and momma plant got nearly stripped because she was the bushiest with the most big sign. I found a bottle of mite spray(essential oils) and absolutely doused them before the trims and after the trims. I’m sure momma will be beautiful again in no time. I’ve got new food for them ordered too.

Also, I have a PROBLEM. I think I’m a clone hoarder😓😬. I wanted to cry when I tossed the pile of trim. Confession: I had to put two hearty cuttings into the bubble containers🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️.

Attachments

• 73E28394-091C-4CD9-BA75-4FAF42B17A16.jpeg
    73E28394-091C-4CD9-BA75-4FAF42B17A16.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 19
  • CC23B24D-09E4-4FD0-A9C5-CB9D3B6D4ABC.jpeg
    CC23B24D-09E4-4FD0-A9C5-CB9D3B6D4ABC.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 308AEF32-BCE5-4B8C-AA23-6B05FF22DA4A.jpeg
    308AEF32-BCE5-4B8C-AA23-6B05FF22DA4A.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 21
I ordered this also So that I can treat again with it later. Really hoping this earths ally stuff helps though. *itchy-scratching*

Attachments

• 391D0AC2-D095-4C62-9335-7A3215C88E62.png
    391D0AC2-D095-4C62-9335-7A3215C88E62.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 4
Pepper leaves that are infested. There was waaaay more mites visible before I moved it to the cold, wet outside.

Attachments

• 21059927-B573-4EDA-A905-C3B468C7C4DF.jpeg
    21059927-B573-4EDA-A905-C3B468C7C4DF.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 4FDD8C59-E47A-4DAA-9007-C436041CDAD3.jpeg
    4FDD8C59-E47A-4DAA-9007-C436041CDAD3.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 9
Dont feel bad,,i made the same mistake with my pepper and tomato plants one year. I put them in the room i had my girls and didnt know that the had mites. I was luckier then you because i found them early while my girls were small and still in veg. Took them outside and blasted them with water and then used my mix i use to kill mites. I mix water and alcohol and spray the whole plant and room down with it. That included removing the other plants back outside to my storage room to keep them out of the cold. Never put my girls in that position again.😜
Pepper plants can handle mites better then marijuana plants by the way. Those pepper plants are still growing. They are 4yrs old.😁

Yeah that ∆∆∆
God i hate those mother fkrs. Little bastards are horrible.

Water works good when you're near harvest in flower. But with you still being in veg you need to make sure you get them all now. they're really fairly easy on smaller plants you just have to get a really good product that will kill them. Spray every other day four times to disrupt their cycle. I use asamax but there are several other products that work well. Don't mess with these things they double in population every few days.

They live under the leaves so you need a 360 sprayer.

I believe people do dunks of the whole plants also? In Mite killer of course. while still a young vegger

I have eradicated mites by using the water and alcohol mix. I spray every 2 or 3 days untill they are gone. Whats great about plants in veg is no harm is done with the Alcohol as long as you use a 50/50 mix.
I hate pesticides on my plants.
I also have a mix with garlic,peppers, water and alcohol i use on my veggies to keep bugs at bay. I chop up and boil the peppers and garlic,,strain them with coffee filters and then mix with water and alcohol.
Works pretty good on everything but stink bugs. Nothing effects those nasty fkers. I hate Stink Bugs almost more then mites. Bastards really love my peaches and Blackberries 😠
I have to water blast the fkers off my blackberries.

Last edited:
Water works good when you're near harvest in flower. But with you still being in veg you need to make sure you get them all now. they're really fairly easy on smaller plants you just have to get a really good product that will kill them. Spray every other day four times to disrupt their cycle. I use asamax but there are several other products that work well. Don't mess with these things they double in population every few days.

They live under the leaves so you need a 360 sprayer.
I checked Azamax but the options all said hydroponic and I wasn’t sure if it would be fine for soil grown plants. Didn’t want to hurt them more. I used about half my bottle of spray last night on them but if we have a nice day I am going to do the DE dust bath on all of them. They’re so sparse now that it should really get into everywhere and shred them.

Latest posts

Back