Spotty leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s been a full week since I asked and acted on the issues. I got a good start on the mites but my order of mite killer ran late so will start over again on the routine. The hand mixed fertilizers and fish emulsion(forgot we added 🩸 & 🦴 meal before the fish water) helped a good bit but I fertilized with fox farms yesterday and already see a difference! I swear, Even my little grape seedling and squatter 🌲 are taller since yesterday too🤯.

the two clones I took while trimming last week look healthy still! They got essentially dunked in mite spray and then covered.

Would love any opinions on if I should or should not change pots if I’m seeing roots at the bottoms now? (Pic). I added a pic of the plant that was the worst-off, it’s like night/day, the difference! I’m going to take better pics later, just waiting on the sun 🌞.

Attachments

• AA9590E9-5FEF-48D4-B4ED-18381007D1DB.jpeg
    AA9590E9-5FEF-48D4-B4ED-18381007D1DB.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 7
  • EFC7DC24-01D2-45B2-9B83-1F7F0A27E609.jpeg
    EFC7DC24-01D2-45B2-9B83-1F7F0A27E609.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 7
  • BDE22A24-08A7-4D6C-B639-D4519C526410.jpeg
    BDE22A24-08A7-4D6C-B639-D4519C526410.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 7
Are your clones in clear pots? If so get them out into dark ones , Light hurts the roots.
Looking good, My opinion is yes you can move into final pots now

Are your clones in clear pots? If so get them out into dark ones , Light hurts the roots.
Looking good, My opinion is yes you can move into final pots now
I did not know that! And it seems so obvious now. I’ve started all my clones in clear cups. I can switch them over easily though when I replant plant the few random clones in the flat, open container. :) thanks for that tip!

Soil Roots and Darkness
When roots naturally grow below the soil surface, nearby light signals they are headed the wrong way. Like stems, roots contain growth-directing hormones known as auxins, which tell them which way to grow. In the same way that upper growth on plants bends toward well-lit windows, roots naturally grow away from light. They seek darkness and protective moisture instead. In transparent pots, these roots avoid light-penetrated areas of soil. Forced into high-light areas, light-sensitive roots recoil and slow or stop growth. When light dries soil out, tender root tips can suffer.

Latest posts

Back