spraying during veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shimmz22

Reaction score
hey all, im currently in veg stage of my grow right now. I was wondering if its truly beneficial to spray your fan leaves during veg? Does it make a big difference if you dont? Any advantages of doing it? Any input would be highly appreciated and +REPS.

The only times I ever spray anything on my plants are when I mist clones under a humidity dome, and when I am spraying my plants with a solution to try and eliminate pests such as mites. I have never seen a reason for spraying plants in veg or as seedlings. I know spraying in flower would be a big no-no because you can encourage bud rot.

-SSF-

I sprey mine in Veg all the time..it aids in the Humidity and the plants seem to like it

4u2sm0ke said:
I sprey mine in Veg all the time..it aids in the Humidity and the plants seem to like it
:yeahthat: It's especially helpfull when you can't control the humidity during really dry times and is recommended for regular house plants. You should always keep water away from flowers.

This is one of those topics that can get heated..lol Below the trimming fan leaves question lol.

I have sprayed my fair share of plants in veg but never saw anything beneficial so no longer do it. I wld avoid spraying in flower though. jmo

i agree with hammy. while i "may" have seen minor improvements, i also obtained Powdery Mildew...:mad:

i no longer spray, i no longer have mildew. Now i also use other preventative steps; but i also believe the risk is not worth the benefits.

i never spray the fire, i fan the flame!:hubba: :cool: ...

I just gave my plants a spray today. I usually spray once every couple weeks and only during veg. It helps clean out clogged stomata. I have animals and my place can get dusty and dirty so I like to spray. I have no idea how much good it actually helps but it makes me feel better when I baby my plants. I spray tops and bottoms of the leaves.

A lot will depend on your ability to control the environment. Foliar feeding can produce some decent growth benefits, but can also encourage pests and parasites.

I never mist after seedlings or rooted clones... But it stays fairly humid where I am too so... If it's arid where you are spraying would be beneficial...

foliar is a great way to correct def's quickly while correcting the prob in the soil. humic acids & algae are great to slam micros into them girls quick. 95% nute uptake through the leaves vs. 5% through the roots. much quicker response then waiting for roots. diamond nectar & calmag+ is also another good one

docfishwrinkle said:
foliar is a great way to correct def's quickly while correcting the prob in the soil. humic acids & algae are great to slam micros into them girls quick. 95% nute uptake through the leaves vs. 5% through the roots. much quicker response then waiting for roots. diamond nectar & calmag+ is also another good one

Solid point and a good post doc....

Latest posts

Back