Sprouting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireWeed

Reaction score
I just germinated a new set of seeds. So far i got 2 germinated but its still early. After i plant them in my soil do i let the soil dryout before watering again or do i keep it moist until it breaks through the soil. My last grow was my first time and i planted six germinated seeds and only one broke through because i placed them under a incadecencent work light that was very hot. How long does it take most your guys seeds to break through. Its only been a day so im not nervous yet just impatient haha!

Hang in there dude. I mist with just straight water so the top of the soil gets a little moist as I found the tap root isn't very deep and the top of the soil drys quick. I don't mist much. Only once a day. (spray bottle Wally world 50 cents.) You want the tap root to stretch out and look for water on its own too. Bigger the rootball=bigger the buds IMHO. but I don't "water" the pot as I found the top drys out and the bottom of the pot gets too moist. Hang in there once they pop. they grow. they get there first set of leaves then slow. then they grow over night. then slow, then bam another growth spurt. etc. I swear, my plants won't do a thing for 3-4 days, Then I go in one morning and they seemed to have just exploded. Patience is the key when growing anything.

once they pop out of the soil. put a florou about 4-5 inches away. then if it starts to stretch lower it @ one inch increments until 2-3 inches when it gets its first set of leave not the sprout leaves (to early to remember the technical name), The real leaves.

Ok thats cool mutt my last grow i had that one plant and it lasted for like a week and then just died over night. but i used a crappy light. Now i took apart some beer signs bec they have floros in them. Im only gonna use them till they grow and i can get a new light or till it getswarmer outside and i can move them out.

Make sure the bottom of the pot has good drainage holes. I put a big one in so my pinky finger can fit in it to check to make sure there isn't a mud pit in the bottom. Drainage is very important. My bigger pots, get a small layer of river rocks (rinsed) at the bottom. then 2/3 soil and 1/3 perlite and vermiculite, one tablespoon of lime (all blended together). All found at lowes or home depot. ;)

When new sprouts you should only have to water once to twice a week.

You can veg fine under a florou set up. Look at B.grunts, skunks and my grow journal. We all have vegged under a wal-mart or lowes florou set up. you want to get at least 3,000 lumens per sq.ft. ;).
Flower you want to get an HPS. I got a 250 watt HPS with remote ballast, bulb and reflector at insidesun.com for $100 shipping and handling cost included. ($75.00 w/o s/h)

Order a second bulb. incase your first blows out mid-way through flower. you can get one for about 9 bucks at e-conolight.com

ya that helps but how long does it take most people to have their there plant come through the soil after planting germinated seeds.

FireWeed said:
ya that helps but how long does it take most people to have their there plant come through the soil after planting germinated seeds.
If you've planted them only so that the seed head is on the surface of gently packed soil, then it should start showing growth in a day or three.

Make sure your soil is moist and keep it in a dark place until the leaves break the shell off. Then put it under flo's about 6 inches from the light. After the plant gets it's first set of vegetative leaf, you can move the light down to 4 inches from the plant.

Good luck man.

Stony i thought if you had fluoros you could put them under light right after you plant the seeds

FireWeed said:
Stony i thought if you had fluoros you could put them under light right after you plant the seeds
The plants first capability of using light will be when transpiration is possible. Transpiration isn't possible until green leaf is visible to the source of light.

It makes little difference if you have the light on it or not until the leafs appear.

Ok Stoney thanks that makes sense. I have 3 planted seeds that have been under fluros i pulled one out just to see if it makes a difference. The seeds are bagseed but i just started germinating some other seeds i had that were older dont know if they will germinate or not.

Latest posts

Back