Staking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amateur Grower

Blending in...
Reaction score
I'm worried about killing roots-how do you stake bud-laden branches late in flower?

AG

insert the stakes on the very edge of the growing container is the best way have found and you wont do much if any root damage

I have never had any kind of root issues, regardless of how I inserted stakes. Sometimes with my hydro, I would purposely stick the stake through the roots for more stability.

I always stick my stakes right through the roots....never have a problem.

wittle the tip sharp like pencil then the tip will glide through root better by deflecting rather then pushing and tearing through. Its much safer cause I have done damage to the main tap root in past by pushing stick through it now I sharpin for nice easy glide through livin roots. Good luck pilgrem.

BWD

drfting07 said:
:yeahthat: Good tip BWD

Its not to often I get a good one in there LOL but time and gain I aim to surprise ;) Thanks for the compliment drift much abliged.

BWD

I just jam it in the soil, then i dont like the angle of it so i pull it up and jam it in somewhere else after 4-5 tries i get it where i want it, LOL, never an issue.

dman1234 said:
I just jam it in the soil, then i dont like the angle of it so i pull it up and jam it in somewhere else after 4-5 tries i get it where i want it, LOL, never an issue.

Have the same activity with the little misses time and gain I do. Soundin just like that.

I just jam it in then I dont like the angle of it so I pull it up and jam it in somewhere else after 4-5 tries I get it where I want it ;) yup just like that.

BWD

I used the stem of a bamboo tiki to stake my big girl up and saw no negative issues. Stuck her right in near the stem, too.

when plants get rootbound I've found aeration helps the plant anyway. I've gone Norman Bates on ALL my plants' rootballs and they seem to love it. LIke what others said don't worry...be happy and just stake'm down.

7greeneyes said:
when plants get rootbound I've found aeration helps the plant anyway. I've gone Norman Bates on ALL my plants' rootballs and they seem to love it. LIke what others said don't worry...be happy and just stake'm down.

Thanks for the feedback everyone-I won't worry and just stake 'em!

AG

Isn't it great when your biggest worry is how to stake up your plants beause the buds are getting so heavy? :woohoo:

The Hemp Goddess said:
Isn't it great when your biggest worry is how to stake up your plants beause the buds are getting so heavy? :woohoo:

Yeah it's right up there with not having enough jars to store your cured bud in...:D Life can be tough.:icon_smile:

Hamster Lewis said:
Yeah it's right up there with not having enough jars to store your cured bud in...:D Life can be tough.:icon_smile:

I am so sick of having to buy Jars all the time LOL :D

The Hemp Goddess said:

You guys probably know by now that I grow 4 or 5 plants a couple of times per year so I really count on a good harvest each time. THG, thanks for putting things in perspective for me-yes, life is good when my biggest growing problem is staking branches!!! :D

AG

Latest posts

Back