"stalling" preflowers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pistil

Member since 1999
Reaction score
Hi again, sorry for flooding the forum but i have another small doubt left:rolleyes:

I have 4 plants slightly differently aged, the difference could be from few days to almost 20 days.

Actually they all already have their first alternated stems but only 2 of them are clearly showing their sex. These 2 have started to show some unclearly sexed preflowers around 2weeks ago and, in few days, they've started to show their long female hairs. Now there are many more hairy calix on these two plants.

The other two are "stalling" with few unclearly sexed preflowers since many days from their appearance while i was expecting to be able to understand their sex in fews days as was happened for the first two.

Do I have to be worried by this? Could it be a sign of hermaphroditism?

I add a photo of the plants just to show them (females are on the right) but it's not explanatory of the fact because those preflowers are still too small to be photographed with my tools

alternatedStems.png

No you you don't have any thin to worry about, because they have not showed their sex. With the same strain of seeds you can have plants 2 or 3 week apart showing sex.

There is no way of know a plant is going to hermie on you til it does IME

Many thanks! These are good news, i'll keep waiting.

Yeah if you are still in veg there is pretty much no way a hermie will show now...in flower is where the hermie gene will be expressed if it will at all.

People seem to get way to worked up over hermies. Yeah it sucks if it happens but it is not the end of the world and you almost always hve plenty of time to remove the offending plant(s). jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
Yeah if you are still in veg there is pretty much no way a hermie will show now...in flower is where the hermie gene will be expressed if it will at all.

People seem to get way to worked up over hermies. Yeah it sucks if it happens but it is not the end of the world and you almost always hve plenty of time to remove the offending plant(s). jmo

Hammy..a couple years back I had a plant show both sex at same time in veg...they was at 8 weeks and had a hair with tiny nutt under...after researching I discovered this was a full blown herm...so with this said I say herms can be detected in veg

pistil....congrats on the 2 females..and the others could be the younger ones you speak of?....what strain are these?

take care and be safe

@Hamster:
Thanks for the info! Yep, once a noob starts to gather infos about how to grow MJ hermies become his first nightmare:D

@4u2sm0ke:
Thanks! I don't know nothing about the strains because the seeds comes for two bags by two unknown growers, but both pretty good. One of the plant is probably the younger but the other one i think is one of the oldest... not sure.

Just a little update: i'm a 600w MH/HPS powered noob grower since today!:D

Latest posts

Back