Stanks clone experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000StankDank000

Reaction score
So last time I tryed to clone these strains it was long and didn't have great results. I am trying out a new product to me.
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423430535.295326.jpg
I have been spraying the clones and pouring it on the cubes to keep them moist. I wanna see if it speeds things up or makes em stronger.
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423430597.180509.jpg
These cuttings are 3 days old after today. I will keep a daily post till we get roots or die. I only need 1 for my DWC experiment .

Yes . I am seeing if these strains get roots faster with the product I was given to try out.

Things like cloning solution do not speed things up, just makes it easier to root. I never get roots sooner than 10-14 days.

you should not mist the clones, just keep the medium moist and temps near 80f.

I mist my clones every single day Zem .. so I'm confused there :( Unless you're super high humidity. My humidity stays generally low.

And yeah, like other said.... 10 or so days for roots. It's such a horrible wait, isn't it?

Things like cloning solution do not speed things up, just makes it easier to root. I never get roots sooner than 10-14 days.

I'm w/ THC on this stank....it's easy to trick beginners with products they don't need, or to over sell products. I prefer to try and stick to time tested methods, but I'm interested in consistent results, not random exploration. To each there own, I do enjoy following your antic's. :aok:

If the crazy guy at the hydro shop takes time out of his story's about building a time machine to hook me a free bottle of his " Next best thing" I'm down. Hoping my gear shows up that I was promised :(

I mist my clones every single day Zem .. so I'm confused there :( Unless you're super high humidity. My humidity stays generally low.

And yeah, like other said.... 10 or so days for roots. It's such a horrible wait, isn't it?

i find it much better to mist the surroundings and dome and leave it covered if humidity is low. anyway, when you mist, the plants drink for only as long as they are wet, whereas if you raise humidity inside the dome, they will stay in better shape, i thought that i was causing damage to the leaves when i misted daily, they kind of wrinkle and shrivel and look thinner and weaker...

Hmm, interesting. Mine seem to like it. Plus I do the dome and below the tray. This is when I use the tray/dome. Usually I just take my cutting right into red solo cup of Sunshine.. and mist them daily, since they have no dome.

Have had good success using the good old fashioned rooting powder and directly into Sunshine Mix #4 in coco coir pots.

I can't go into soil guys need these for DWC.
Thanks for input. I used clone powder and scraped area on stem

In that picture your humidity is at 27% o_O Get that humidity up bro, give them a tent / dome or something,, They have no roots, so they need all the humidity they can get to prevent them from drying out due to osmosis :eek:)

I have heard domes promote rot.
I put experiment in the title I'm trying new things.
I appreciate the info but I'm trying new things

27% is very low and i have never ever seen any rot inside a dome. i do not leave it for many days without opening, and i usually have it on for not more than one week. i would not leave it on until i see roots, because imo it is too long and they would like to breathe and begin growing. but i have never witnessed such a low humidity, i guess the lowest i have seen is 35%

I have yet to see rot myself.. just putting that out there. :)

Also, I use Sunshine (coco/perlite/mycorrhizae/peatmoss) in my Hydro DWC with massive results. In the end, if you surround whatever medium you're using with, say, Hydroton...you'll not have any issues of the soiless medium causing any debris in your tanks/buckets. Also, you can wrap the "cores" in a smart pot lined mesh pot if it worries. I started doing that, but after I realized I could just surround it with Hydroton and not have issues, I never looked back :D

I'm starting to give Rockwool a shot just this year. Currently having some success with clones I do believe.

Anyways, sorry for the rambling, and keep up the experiments! It's always fun to do so, and can be even more fun to share. Just heads up for people like others and myself wanting to at least give you some fruitful advice along the way. :aok: Keep trying new things until you find "your" way, I know I had to do it like that and I wouldn't change my process for the world. So enjoy your learning along the way, and document everything! Cheers man

Welcome to Canada my house is 10 RH All the time. I know it's super low.

Does your dome have vents?

Mine does. I leave them 100% open at all time. This is my first successful attempt at using the dome and first attempt with Rockwool.. we'll see how it goes. I stopped using the dome for the reasons I mentioned before; straight into Sunshine I've been 100% rate on about 200 cuttings in the last year. Trying Rockwool to see if I can get rid of the need for any other medium. Even though I can do it and do it very well with Sunshine, it's about time I try to move on I think. We'll see what happens. I may just stick to Sunshine "cores" if need be. :)

Latest posts

Back