Stanks sativa flowering grow log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000StankDank000

Reaction score
So my indica grow has finished up just waiting for it to dry so I can pop my 8 sativa plants into the bloom tent.

2 jack's
3 Tangies
2 Tangrine dream
1 horny OG ( Found in nice OG bud)

My problem is I missed planned my vegg time and way over vegged the plants. I have monsters. So I need some input on how to go about trimming my plants for max yield .
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427755058.039893.jpg
I will post better pics of each after next watering.
So I need tips on proper trimming.
This is Stanks new Grow Log

Are you anxious to flip? I would top all those babies at where they started stretching, then you could do a number of things. Are you pretty crowded in there, mr i need good air flow?

i agree, by topping those, you will not loose that much time, I would say a week 10 days, then you can flip, and you will be able to manage their height and canopy better

Rose your talking to stank am I anxious lol . I wanna flip Friday after my buds try in the tent. I am tight on space and have more babies vegging . I have a problem I can't stop popping beans :(

So how much we talking to clip off the top?
I plan on de foiling them big time as well as cutting lower branches to cut down on popcorn bud.

I need to move them into the bloom tent then put my SRG under my big T5 lights then I can start my purple buckeye and goblins blood under my small T5 .

we need to get you on an indica stat. I would suggest valium or meditation. Ok, so the deal is that you can grow pot the faster way or the better way. What is the hurry? If you are in a hurry, get rid of three or four of those plants and do what you were planning to take them up from the bottom etc.

If you look at the above picture you can see a natural place to cut. I am talking half the plant. BUT, that is just me and i am kind of a perfectionist in what i want my plants to look like to get the best bang for the buck.

If you decide to do what you wanted to originally, please remove some plants. With the problems of moisture you are having you have to have better air movement then you did before.

stank it's just that if you flower them like that, they will stretch a lot and you will get an uneven canopy that is hard to level out eventually cutting down on your yield

Can't be anxious with sativas. The have a long flowering time.

Can't be anxious with sativas. The have a long flowering time.

^^ This!

Sativas are my favorite to smoke, and least favorite to grow...due to their longer flowering times. True Sativas seem to take forever to ripen!

But I love their structure! So fun :)

Your problem is not that you overvegged the plants, the problem is simply that you have too many plants for your space. Especially since you are growing sat dominant strains. You are not going to like to hear this, but, the way I see it, for a successful grow you have no choice but to get rid of some of the plants. The stretching is caused in a large part by how crowded your space is. NO plant can get adequate light so they are all stretching and fighting for it. Overcrowding a space is counter-productive and WILL result in less bud and airier bud than a grow that is not overcrowded. I think we went through this when you took in all those clones you didn't have space for didn't we? Then you need to top those you keep. Then you need to give them a week or 2 to recover from the topping before you put into 12/12. The bottom line is that your space is overcrowded and nothing can solve that except getting rid of some of the plants or getting another or a bigger space. You will end up with a better harvest--better yield and potency--if you get rid of about 1/2 of your plants. A sativa is probably going to need at least a 2 x 2 space.

To start with, I would get rid of the possible hermi OG (I wouldn't call it a horny OG, I would call it a potential he-she, a hermaphrodite--that doesn't make it sound as sexy does it?).

If you look at your pic you can see a thick canopy with stretched out branches reaching above the canopy, thats where you can cut them back, get rid of the lanky stretch. And as THG said with all the plants you have ditch the bag seed plant, it could screw everything up big time.

yeah looks like you got some good pheno's :fly: . The tangie will stretch into weeks 4-5 . goodluck

Ok so I will lollipop and clip the top stretch off . For the record this room NEVER had air flow problems mold bugs etc. That ALL came with clones.
I have them very tight cause that's all that this light lets me do. My bloom room is 4x4 and 1000 watts HPS. I will de leaf a lot to allow proper air flow.

I did 7 in my tent last time and I had a huge fan take up room I now have powerful clip on fans so I'm sure 8 will fit but not without a lot of trimming.
If it doesn't work out it will have to kill a plant like you guys suggested.

Thanks for your input will post pics soon

Ok so I will lollipop and clip the top stretch off . For the record this room NEVER had air flow problems mold bugs etc. That ALL came with clones.
I have them very tight cause that's all that this light lets me do. My bloom room is 4x4 and 1000 watts HPS. I will de leaf a lot to allow proper air flow.

I did 7 in my tent last time and I had a huge fan take up room I now have powerful clip on fans so I'm sure 8 will fit but not without a lot of trimming.
If it doesn't work out it will have to kill a plant like you guys suggested.

Thanks for your input will post pics soon

Stank you're getting really good, really fast :lama: congrats

I would not put more than 5 sativas in a 4 x 4 tent.

THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE AND LOTS OF DISADVANTAGES TO HAVING A TENT THAT IS TOO FULL!!

No, my caps lock is not stuck, I am yelling!

hah :D THG you so cwazy!

I agree though... but personally, I think the sweet spot for a 4x4 is 4 plants. :aok:

i have done 6 in a 4x4 wont be doing that again 4 is my vote as well atleast at the size yours appear to be i'd go 4 to bad u cant just get another tent and keep em in veg or some thing or bring em outside somewhere to live

So what are you trying to say THG??

Good thing they are hybrids ;)

I know that I am subtle, but I think you can wrangle my meaning out of that. Even hybrids, if they are sat dominant will take up a fair amount of space.

Eight plants in 16 sq ft only gives each plant a space of 14" x 14" and that is only if you do not have anything on the floor like a fan taking up sq footage.

Latest posts

Back