Started my Beans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm excited about my Blueberry. This year i focused more on flavor and not so much on strength. I always wanted the highest potency strain i could get ahold of. It usually never ended with good flavor and smell. Like G13. Everyone was raving about that strain.. so i bought some seeds. Luckily i didn't grow too much or really depend on it because it wasn't really good at all. Claiming to have high 20's to even 30% thc. Idk about that but the flavor and taste was not at all what i wanted. White widow was another one. Big rave.. but man is it harsh. Even with a good cure it's still caughy. Now it's Blueberry, Gelato, girl scout cookies...mm mm mmm!
The way I look at strength or how potent a bud is if I have a 15% and a 30% bud, I just need to smoke twice as much of the 15%(I know it is t a 1:1 correlation but you get my point). I am a lightweight when it comes to smoking so twice as much mean 2 drags off of a joint, maybe 3. No big deal when you have ounces instead of grams of product. I too prefer a nice flavor and a smooth smoke. Smell is important to me as well. Sounds like you have some nice flavored girls David.

I'm having trouble getting any smell when growing so far. My plants don't have a smell. Did you flush your plant before cutting them down.
1st cannabis world problems… a lot of people would give their right arm to get plants that don’t smell. ;) Your indoor grow looks stinky. Maybe you are just accustomed to it? The smells come from terpenes generally. Good nutes(not necessarily more nutes), strain and (if growing in soil)good soil will affect the odor and terpenes. Lower temperatures too are better as terpenes can evaporate. Growing outside there is little you can do about heat and I have had some stinky yard problems a few times when I have had hot as h-e-double hockey sticks summers. Keep up the good work. BOTM in the future for you.

1st cannabis world problems… a lot of people would give their right arm to get plants that don’t smell. ;) Your indoor grow looks stinky. Maybe you are just accustomed to it? The smells come from terpenes generally. Good nutes(not necessarily more nutes), strain and (if growing in soil)good soil will affect the odor and terpenes. Lower temperatures too are better as terpenes can evaporate. Growing outside there is little you can do about heat and I have had some stinky yard problems a few times when I have had hot as h-e-double hockey sticks summers. Keep up the good work. BOTM in the future for you.

Thank you, fogey I'm trying. Things seem to be getting better with each grow. Carty is helping me with the Auto grow. What age do the plants start to smell?

I'm having trouble getting any smell when growing so far. My plants don't have a smell. Did you flush your plant before cutting them down.
I don't flush. When temps reach a certain degree, terpenes start evaporating. Both in the ground and in the dry room. I have a problem with it as well. I'm going to be putting up a shade cloth when temps reach the 90's. My buds will tend to foxtail as well, even though I don't think foxtailing affects taste or smell. Matter of fact there's strains that are "gened", or designed to foxtail because of the desire. Idk..i just read that a few months ago.

hat-tip-gif.3019535

The way I look at strength or how potent a bud is if I have a 15% and a 30% bud, I just need to smoke twice as much of the 15%(I know it is t a 1:1 correlation but you get my point). I am a lightweight when it comes to smoking so twice as much mean 2 drags off of a joint, maybe 3. No big deal when you have ounces instead of grams of product. I too prefer a nice flavor and a smooth smoke. Smell is important to me as well. Sounds like you have some nice flavored girls David.
In she goes. Roots look good and not wrapped all around. Just about 3 weeks old. Now, on to the next set of worries. 😊

Attachments

• 20220514_180717.jpg
    20220514_180717.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 5
Morning troopers. Still shopping for the right bud to picture on BOTM. Took some picture but ran into a disk problem I need to take them again. Right now, the girls are sleeping 7am to 7pm. I'm joying the morning weather. 60F sunny.

Morning troopers. Still shopping for the right bud to picture on BOTM. Took some picture but ran into a disk problem I need to take them again. Right now, the girls are sleeping 7am to 7pm. I'm joying the morning weather. 60F sunny.
have a great day ness enjoy your nice weather and looking forward to seeing that BOTM 😊

She going to love it outside. How many are you going to put in the grown?
I have 14 going in. 2 each of gorilla glue, girl scout cookies, Durban poison, Gelato, og kush, Afghan, and blueberry. First time I ever grew some landraces also. Afghan is indica and Durban is sativa. Pretty excited about it. Pretty cool too that the og kush crossed with Durban poison is the girl scout cookies. Got the whole family 😊

That a nice line up David. I just start 3 Baby Yoda OG 11 x Grape Dosi Breath Fem Auto's. The seeds are in wet paper towels inside my dresser
draw.:)

That a nice line up David. I just start 3 Baby Yoda OG 11 x Grape Dosi Breath Fem Auto's. The seeds are in wet paper towels inside my dresser
draw.:)
well, these are the worst of the frost damage. 34°F it read on my phone but I'm down in a valley so it probably hit 32. Covered them up with a pile of straw. Probably should've put a plastic bag on top of the straw. Hindsights a little beep. For as much frost there was on everything, they did pretty well. Very scared I was looking around my yard at all the frost. Even my peonies and rose sprouts are OK. Like a parent worrying about his babies. The anxiety though. These kids are gonna be the death of me... but not today 😊

Attachments

• 20220518_094617.jpg
    20220518_094617.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220518_094609.jpg
    20220518_094609.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back