starting a new grow in a few days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t51972

Reaction score
Hello, I thought I would run my method by you. I am starting some auto Bruce banner outdoors in containers.
My soil is a base of organic garden soil, which i amend with root stimulant, micro nutes, coconut coir, worm castings, Perlite/Vermiculite
Epsom's salts and molasses. I use garden soil over potting because the garden soil is loser and drains much better. I have a lot of trouble with too much water here on the Gulf of Mexico.
I use the 4 gal black smart pots or cloth planters. At the bottom of the pot, I will add a layer of gravel for stability. Then a few inches of soil, a nice layer of worm castings, then fill to about 3 inches. I water the hell out of them a couple of times the day I fill the pots to get it all good and settled. Next day I plant the seeds.
My father always planted on certain days according to how his family had planted. Valentine's Day, he planted potatoes. With a little study, I realize he was planting my the lunar cycle. I have kept up the practice. I think the best days in August will be the 7th and 8th. I also use the tides because of my nearness to large bodies of water. The Mississippi River in Baton Rouge still reacts to the tides. Being less than a mile from the River, and 50 to the gulf, I figure the water in the ground must fluctuate similarly. Seems to work. Anyone else planting by the moon. I wonder if you are in the high desert, Montana etc... if the tides or the moon would have any effect on the seed, with the water table so low? I dig down more than a foot, the hole will begin to fill with all this rain. Used to be I could dig down two to three feet before water. Hell, at flood stage, water will come up in people's yard 1/2 mile away. I have test the lunar thing by planting on three seeds on the best lunar day and three on the best day for underground crops. Same seeds two different harvest. The lunar days ones produce 40% more. Would test again but hate to waste the seeds.
Remember what John Lennon said. 'The love ya git is equal to the love you give, yeah sha' (paraphrased) to southern. Do good Be kind to all, razzoo

Hello, I thought I would run my method by you. I am starting some auto Bruce banner outdoors in containers.
My soil is a base of organic garden soil, which i amend with root stimulant, micro nutes, coconut coir, worm castings, Perlite/Vermiculite
Epsom's salts and molasses. I use garden soil over potting because the garden soil is loser and drains much better. I have a lot of trouble with too much water here on the Gulf of Mexico.
I use the 4 gal black smart pots or cloth planters. At the bottom of the pot, I will add a layer of gravel for stability. Then a few inches of soil, a nice layer of worm castings, then fill to about 3 inches. I water the **** out of them a couple of times the day I fill the pots to get it all good and settled. Next day I plant the seeds.
My father always planted on certain days according to how his family had planted. Valentine's Day, he planted potatoes. With a little study, I realize he was planting my the lunar cycle. I have kept up the practice. I think the best days in August will be the 7th and 8th. I also use the tides because of my nearness to large bodies of water. The Mississippi River in Baton Rouge still reacts to the tides. Being less than a mile from the River, and 50 to the gulf, I figure the water in the ground must fluctuate similarly. Seems to work. Anyone else planting by the moon. I wonder if you are in the high desert, Montana etc... if the tides or the moon would have any effect on the seed, with the water table so low? I dig down more than a foot, the hole will begin to fill with all this rain. Used to be I could dig down two to three feet before water. ****, at flood stage, water will come up in people's yard 1/2 mile away. I have test the lunar thing by planting on three seeds on the best lunar day and three on the best day for underground crops. Same seeds two different harvest. The lunar days ones produce 40% more. Would test again but hate to waste the seeds.
Remember what John Lennon said. 'The love ya git is equal to the love you give, yeah sha' (paraphrased) to southern. Do good Be kind to all, razzoo
Hey T welcome to the Passion. My grandfather use to grow religiously with the farmers almanac. I remember reading them and him teaching me about the moon cycles and the planting season. Never Knew anyone that applied it to weed until now. I’ll bet some do tho for sure. I hope they chime in. Any pictures of your garden?

Welcome to MP. Like the way you are thinking, they do that way for other plants why not ganja

Welcome. If they are auto's MPO is that lunar / solar cycles should not matter. Maybe Carty will reply when he shows up later tonight. He knows tons about autos. Pulling up a chair as they say and for sure picts every so often when you get running would be awesome. Good Luck T5 1972 !!!!!! You are going to do great.

Got caught up in life and did not plant the Bruce. I only plant on certain days according to the lunar calendar. Tried planting different times, the plants didn't do as well. Sept.4-5 are prime outdoor seed planting.
How is BB to grow? Does she get as big as advertised? Said it would finish in 8 weeks, but that must not be from seedling. Grow reports show 10+.
I hope to plant 6 seeds, two banner and still deciding on the other two. Get y'all a list to help me decide! later gator

Never grown an auto, but there are some master auto growers on here. Check out Cartman's posts on the subject, and there's others. I'm just too stoned to remember 'em.....:)

Get her in the ground, before she gets angry.. you won't like it if she gets angry.
ha ha ha ha... TOO FUNNY.

Hey brother.... Starting autos can be fun and rewarding.. seed to weed in 70 days.. how cool is that?

I've been experimenting and learning about these wonderful autoflowering plants and am still learning..

I have much better luck stating Autos in 1gal pots. I use Orchid pots because they are designed to get more air to the roots.. I up pot into 2 or 3gal FELT pots (smart pots)..

Carty's Theory: Starting them in plastic pots allows the plant to establish the larger roots needed for the plant to get a foothold so to speak.. most auto show sex at 14 to 21 days, soon as I see a female hair she gets up potted..
Be sure to add Myko to the transplant hole..

Everything I read said, '' Do not transplant autos " but, when ya start 12 to sex them (reg seeds) I had to and learned, hey, when you up pot them they go mad crazy stretching them legs and now, as the large roots hit the side they get air pruned and feeder roots start growing off of them and this is exactly what you want is feeder roots.

I just find it easier to control moisture in 1gal pots for babies..

luck
budskie (4).jpg

Better to take precaution when starting, Requires major focus on the plant and keep on maintaining a sheet about the behaviour of the plant. If required take help from the articles present on My MMJ Doctor regarding the new grow. But trust me! You will love the grow after its maturity ;)

Cannabis growth is made up of a series of stages that plants undergo during their lifecycle. Each stage during the cannabis cultivation process requires its own unique demands, including different levels of light, water, and nutrients. The quality of your plant depends on your knowledge of the cannabis growth stages and the lifecycle of your plants. Grow room air filtration protects plants throughout each stage of growth, providing mold and bacteria prevention, putting a stop to stagnant air, and producing clean, filtered air 24 hours a day.

He likes to copy and paste his bullshit. Ain't smart enough to carry on a real conversation with members.
How did his name get changed😁
Maybe now he will have something else to say.
😂😂😂

He likes to copy and paste his bullshit. Ain't smart enough to carry on a real conversation with members.
How did his name get changed😁
Maybe now he will have something else to say.
😂😂😂

I see one of your favorite posters has arrived to push your buttons…🤡🤡🤡

Yeah and now I'm pushing his.
Cannapoop fits him better than Cannapot,,,,because of his shitty stupid ass posts.

Latest posts

Back