Starting Anew.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottaloveplasma

Reaction score
last time I'm using these nutrients if it don't work out well. I've got expert advisors and some top notch products. Supposedly some great lights.

I am going to try mounting my 600watt gavita at the top of my tent. I'm also hanging a plasma there. After the plants start approaching the light I am going to turn it down to no less then 400 watts. Also, I am thinking of running 8 hours of light for flower. The first hour and last hour will be plasma and the middle 6+ hours will be the hps.

Here are the products I've either been gifted or bought and would like to thank the people from these companies for hooking it up nice.

SlF-100, Thank You Newton Hayes for samples.
Also would like to thank _______From Microbe Life- ____the man! Hope I like the products I hear nothing but good about them. ___ hooked me up with +100 $ of samples out of goodness of his heart and I'm thrilled. Photoplus and nourish-l are the 2 products in mostly looking forward to from his samples.
I will be using Supreme Growers Mycos and Soil Blast. Likely using the kelp blast to. So each of these guys suggested making my tea with ewc mollases and Alaskan humisoil. Then hooking it up with their products after I brew it each said no problem and suggested I run it this way. Newton Hayes suggested I use his bacteria at 5mil per gallon every feed. Right before feeding teas I will be adding some fulpower from bio-Ag.

I have the whole line of NFTG. Thank you ________________ for hooking me up with your nutrients hopefully I can make em work. Cant keep trying em if I don't get favorable response. Granted my horticulture skills where lacking hopefully I'm more astute this run.

I plan on using most of the Nectar products with exception of mega morpheus and Pegasus potion.. Some of these I'm likely to only use for a few weeks. I'm undecided if I want to use the Bloom Khaos or not. Likely I will use it before and during transition and back off of it. Cant wait to use the Crab Shrimp Meal from them also.. Its not quite stabilized but people are getting great results with it.

I have also ordered some RAW silica. It was very cheap. I will be running it lightly also as there are silicates in the line.

So all these things are either in transit or here�� I feel stocked up. I got 6 smart pots 3 gallon coming and already have my soil. Im going to use nftg #4 soil amended with coarse perlite.

Starting clones in .3 liter air pots and will trans 1x. I'd also like to thank friends giving up basement so I can try this again��. I am 100% sure I can maintain a nice RH and temperature.

I was told to maintain temperatures with minimal drop at lights out and think ill try that also.. 5degree difference.

I would like to find a way to keep my soil warm if gets below 68. Thinking of using a heat mat and thermometer some how.

Planing Feed feed water feed feed tea. I will try and keep my soil ppms at 300-400ppm. This is a very clean line of nutrients. Hopefully this will work better than last go.

Only 8 hours of light? Although the vast majority of season growers and studies recommend 12 hours of light.

Unfortunately I see another failed grow heading your way.

GLP, I want to ask you a question without sounding nasty and I am not sure how to do that.

Why are you here at MP?

GLP, I want to ask you a question without sounding nasty and I am not sure how to do that.

Why are you here at MP?
Nothing wrong with being direct, Rose. I've asked myself this same question more than once.

Saying that you have expert advisors and then saying you are only going to flower 8 hours a day are in direct contrast to each other. Studies have shown that even going to 10 hours of light for flowering can cut your yield in half.

Like Rosebud, I am not even sure why you are here.

I guess I just wonder if you are here to learn or to tell us about another one of your fantastic lines? I really wonder.

Got good advise for nutrients. That's it. Is the 8 hours bad idea?. Stick with 12 n 12 �� ok. I like reading your guys posts. And i say stuff cause I get ideas and see if its ok obviously sounds like horrible idea now that I get feedback for it.

No, you just think that you are getting good advise on your nutes. We told you last time that there is really something wrong with a nute line that is supposedly organic, but still needs to be pH'd. The thing with the molasses was weird (and wrong). There was so much those guys were telling you that is in direct contrast to good gardening practices that we know work, that I would not call them experts....they are salespeople hawking their wares.

I think you are getting too hung up on this nute line and not really learning the basics of growing. You do need to learn to walk before you can run. For instance thinking that 8 hours of light is enough to flower with--anyone who has researched growing knows that this is not acceptable. Jeez, plasma, slow down. Learn the basics, start with a basic known tried and true nute line without a thousand additives. Start small and work up. If you are feeding good teas, you do not need all that crap that they are pushing on you. Man, you keep drinking the Kool-Aid, even after it has been shown to be bad Kool-Aid.....

Everyone here has tried to help you as best they can, and I would agree with PC Duck that another grow is going down the tubes before it has even started. Why not just try and grow 1 crop with a normal setup and keep it simple. I believe in tweaking your grow for max yield, but you have to make it to harvest...repeatablly, in order to start mixing things up and see results. You will have to fail numerous times before you start getting a clue

My grow is going well ATM. I've had a few hiccups, it recovered quickly with advice from here.
I went simple. Fox farm soil. fish emulsion for vegging and fox farm big bloom for flower. Now, granted I haven't completed a grow yet. Though I do seem to have fewer problems than you plasma.
I tend to think think we humans have a tendency to over think/complicate things.
You got to know WHEN to do something. And you also have to know when NOT to do something.

Simplify, man. Go back to basics man, 12,12, and not too many fancy nutrients

Thanks everyone. Here it is I got my lights and don't like em. I don't know if they are to strong or to weak. I'm told a million things. I bought gavita cause of a grow on mjp. 5x5 2 600s and plasma. So I did it. As it turns out I think it was a bullshit grow. Everyone says plasma rock. The problem is uneven canopy cause umol is 200 around center and 6+ in center of 3x3. Also its prety low. I talked to a guy about lec yesterday. The light engineer. He told me nutrient lines are bullshit and so is the light Industry. He said mmj has strong will to live and companies know that and beat em up with heavy feed and light. Told me how to fix my lights to make em work. Said put em to top of tent and do all that. He said that par is bad measurement and foot candles is better. Said plasma was 12000 ft candles right under it so told me I was beating plants up with light and that is why my first and second grows weren't well. Said also plants like about 5000 fc and in day to.e they get shade and we are not near the equator. Told me to fix it do like that and run the hours he said with half food. Said real production comes from Pete gravel with drippers. He suggested I use dyna grow and bloom and silica. Said its cheap. not sure if he said to do it that way but suggested I do it and id be surprised. Said gavita is streetlamp company publicly traded and the measurements they use are not good. Saying to much light. I have spent lots on lights and haven't really used em now I'm trying to get serious with em and start growing. I'm sure the gavita lights are ok. I'm sure plasma is ok. But there has to be way to use it. Does par lie? He said par is bad measurement that plants don't need lots of high par light. I was thinking the plasma wasn't enough light before talking to him. I know seedlings on periphery leaned in on a test on sides on a test grow. So I thought run 2 of them in 3x3. I like the idea of using plasma for first hour and last hour. Be also said a 400w light can sustain or should be used in 16sq' not sure which. And at so far from canopy. Maybe he was talking barely sustaining life. I will say lots of people use the line with great results. I've had buds grown with it before. That's why I want to use it. Is there a way to figure out npk if you have the npk of all the ingredients of final mix? If the npk is right and it works for others I should be able to get it to work for me yes? Is anyone here from Oregon? Anyone here ever hear of harvest moon organics or ever used it? Anyone familiar with the constant gardener hydro store in Oregon?

Imo you're over thinking things, use the 5000 lumens per square foot rule. Use just one line of nutes you can add stuff as needed.

Anyone here know umol or use par meters? Gavita says par is way to measure and this other dude told me to use fc. If gavita is high par will the foot candle be a good way to measure? Are cheap foot candle meters going to work worth a dam? The light engineer guy told me to get a ilt 10 foot candle meter. Anyone familiar with it?

Light engineer? Does this guy change the bulbs on street lights?

No they just make USA made 315 CMH. He says that everyone who uses CMH uses Phillips driver and it doesn't fire bulb correctly. They are all Chinese ballasts and not proper for the cmh 315. There company is endomaxx.

Anyone here know umol or use par meters? Gavita says par is way to measure and this other dude told me to use fc. If gavita is high par will the foot candle be a good way to measure? Are cheap foot candle meters going to work worth a dam? The light engineer guy told me to get a ilt 10 foot candle meter. Anyone familiar with it?
Considering that I have more than 35 years background in lasers and optics, all of this is way over your head and will not grow better weed, or more weed. It becomes an academic question that has little relevance to actually growing weed. Buying a par meter makes little sense, since you are only likely to use it 1 or 2 times when setting things up. PAR is more about usable light that the plant sees, and foot candle, lumen, lux all measure raw light and not what the plant sees. You know what works, look at any successful grow. All the extra stuff is after everything else is dialed in and you can see the difference when you change something. As it is now, you are changing so many things all at once, you can't tell what works and what doesn't.

A good digital ballast and a duel spectrum bulb will grow great buds. 2x600w in a 25 square foot space is a good amount of light. Set up decent ventilation and get your temps right. Cut back on the nutes, use a single brand with a complete formula at about 75 per cent strength keep an eye on your ph .and see how you get on. You can tweak your setup when you're up and running. Good luck man listen to growers, not engineers, I'm an engineer and I've used next to no engineering knowledge to grow my buds.

Good points, you need to start thinking like a gardener. Soil, air, water lights. Get the basics down. I think you will find that once you learn to be a gardener you will realize all of the stuff you are putting your energy in is ridiculous.

Thanks guys for patience�� for real I know I'm testy but I'm trying to. Hopefully things work. If not I'm out clones and free samples and some electric $ n time. If it don't work it could be a good thing. Then I can delete my facebook groups. And take different direction. I can't wait for my new gear to get here today. Smart pots ppm pen solutions nutes fulpower I'm happy to try out the fulpower I'm sure its a good product. Cant wait to make tea today �� that is exciting especially when I use kids microscope to see all the **** in it

Latest posts

Back