starting clones this week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leelow

Reaction score
can anyone tell me what optimal light cycle for cloneing, and also, how many hours minimum light cycle with flouresants can i get away with for cloning/early veg. state . the problem is i dont have enough room i have to build a light proof box in my grow cab for the clones, i plan on using rockwool,this really cool humidity dome, olivia;s purified water a spritz of water a day. m. maybe a seed heating mat.? how does this sound any suggestion
Also can anyone recoment a compact flouresant lamp for cloes /veg?
So what is the minimum time with lights on for cloning ands clones?

thanku
lee

Hey,
I think your set-up will be good. I never needed the heating mat tho, but it might speed things up.
As far as light schedule. 24/0 has given me the best results. but you can use 18/6.
Heck I propogate in a rubbermade with (2) of those wally world grow florous for 10 bucks. Then after roots appear its right under the regular flos for veg. I find I didn't need a humidity dome that way. I root em per hicks method. No fans nothing just pop open the lid 2X a day and mist. During the summer months I root them in a cup of water in my window.
Clone do not need much light. You could get by with a couple of 30W compact flos from wal-mart. Think there 10 bucks for a pack of 2.

I like the rubbermaid Idea Mutt, I may have to use that on my next set of clones. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back