starting from clones...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronicman024

Reaction score
Ok i have been watching a few videos and when they take there clones they keep them in the humidome or what not for up to 10 days till roots show through the rockwool. they then place in veg for 1-2 weeks then go right to 12/12. Then every 2-3 weeks they take 4 more clones and move to the flower room to keep the cycle going. Say you started off with a 6'' clone an vegd it 2 weeks then moved it to 12/12 how big will the plant get and what could the yield be? the 2 strains i have chosen will be white widow and ak-47 . Any help on this? Do any of you grow like this?

Hey Chronicman, all that depends on what type of setup you've got and the method of growing.... a hydro clone will grow larger than a soil clone in two weeks, growth rates are also affected by the amount of light provided. I think the method is called something like a "Perpetual Harvest"

Yes, perpetual gardens are also known as garden salad. A typical garden will have various plants and clones and seedlings of different ages. This allows you to harvest more often. I'm trying my hand at doing that. This is my 3rd grow so I'm experimenting with mine. I'm learning to clone so I can have a few new plants to throw under 12s every 5-6 weeks. I like it becuase it allows me to try out different strains. I keep some clone donors in a small veg box and also germ seeds so I can rotate strains. I choose between:
White Widow
White Widow X Big Bud
Blue Mystic
Skunk Special
Ice

Variety is the spice of life. It applies to growin' dope too.
Grow big

Day 78 garden salad.jpg

I don't do a perpetual I keep my plant count down as much as possible, but cloning is the only way to go IMHO. I spend 6 weeks trying to get a female. Off of one female I can get countless plants that are garunteed females. No wasted energy on males. I have two "designer" strains. and I throw a bagseed in every now and then. Variety. :)
Cloning is not as hard as it sounds. but I will never go back to seed growing except to find a new donor plant.

From what I've experienced and heard cloning is your best bet. Apparently you'll want to make sure you take the lid off your humidome for an hour or two every day, but don't take my word on that, I'm totally new to this and am aiming for a perpetual garden myself.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back