starting germs(ination)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lefty

Reaction score
i was having trouble w/ starting up seeds and i got an idea! im sure its nothing new but i hope it works . it worked at school w/ sunflower seeds and tomatoe seeds.what i do is a simple wick system used to get them big enough to put into full rockwool cube then put it in my ebb and flo or dutch bucket or whatever else i perfer utilizing rockwool cubes .(I ALSO USE VERMICULITE SURRONDING THE R.W CUBE IN A SMALL HYDRO BUCKET W/ ALL THE HOLES as a medium for anchorage and to soak up nutes and frtz.) i take a 2 litre bottle cut it about a third of the way down from the top, THEN I CUT A 12-15 INCH PIECE OF UNDYED WHITE FELT.Then i put about a inch and a half SLICE into the top part of the cut off 2 litre bottle at the bottom. (when it is upside down with lid on and pointing toward the ground. the lid fits upsidedown into the bottom of the 2 litre bottle.(whew)!! put in all the nutes u need pertaining to how much water u put into the bottom of the 2 litre, then place the bottom part of the wick into that solution slide the top part of the wick thruogh your slit on the upside down top part. place the lid(upsidedown)into the 2 litre bottom (should fit snugly) then put as much srface area of the wick underneath a starter rockwool cube so that it gets the nutrient solution coming up from the wick . fillthe remaindind top of the 2 litre w/vermiculite or some other form of hydro medium.(i like to dip my starter rockwell cube into water nute solution before assembly so its moist.)then i drop a viable looking seed into the little hole provided for u in the starter cube. last step optional,i like to put a clear piece of plastic over the top using a rubber band to create a humidity tent so to say. after plant gets fairly large then take out the sarter cube(being careful of the roots) AND ADD TO BIG CUBE IN YOUR EBB/FLO, DUTCHBUCKET,,AERO,ECT................................THANX LEFTY:bong: HOPE ALLS WELL

I Hope Some One Else Might Try Or Have Tried This And Let Me No Thier Results Ill Post Mine As Well

Latest posts

Back