Starting my 1st bubbleponics RC grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious as to how you guys keep the res temps down...I can't use a aerocloner due to how warm the water gets...a chiller isn't in m budget, I just use peat pucks...
I heard about growers using bennies which allows for higher temps but I have never tried it. Personally I stopped using this system for this very reason. If running sterile res, there is really no way around chilling the res somehow. Maybe if you have a constant oxygen monitor and an automated peroxide injection feeder hooked to it, then you could keep the oxygen levels right but that might be too fancy for any small grow. Plants do not care if your water has higher temps except that oxygen levels are too low. I ended up choosing ebb and flow and along with bubbling the water i add h2o2 regularly almost daily in hot weather and peak growth at about 0.33ml per liter of 35% h2o2. I allow a day without adding any then a couple of days i use some bleach but i am still experimenting with this carefully. Investing in an ORP meter or DO might make sense

When i lived in Florida i used frozen water bottles to keep my DWC temps down. Other wise my roots would turn brown. Worked pretty good but can be a pain in the ass keeping them changed.

Reactions: zem

Latest posts

Back