starting my first room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KUSHLOVER139

Reaction score
hello im about to start my first project and after all the reading
i've come up with a detailed list including the prices for items i plan to purchase
to start me off... if i left anything out, or you disagree with some of the products im going to use and have a suggestion, by all means reply please.
grand total around $1400 dollars thanks in advance here's the list...

1. fox farm ocean forest or black gold 10 bags @ 13.95 a bag 139.50-150.00 (bx hydro) bruckner
2.two 600 watt hps h digital ballast (quantum ballast) $150-175(ebay)
3.solarmax 600w bulb 3pak 210.00 (ebay) or sunmaster bulb...220.00(ebay)
4.hydrofarm reflector x2 100.00 each-200.00(ebay)
5.5-7 gallon square or round white plastic bucket 10pcs. 100.00 us plastic
6.digital thermometer/hydrometer 35.00 (ebay)
7.Digital 4in1 Soil and Light Tester KC-300 35.00 (ebay)
8.fox farm big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom 1qt each 3 pack 48.00x2=96.00 (ebay)
9.carbon filtered exhaust fan 120-150 (ebay)
10.seeds... o.g. kush feminized,pine tar kush feminized,sour diesel feminized, tangerine dream feminized.

Sounds good but what about a ph meter? Will you be veging with the hps? Whats your room size?

KUSHLOVER139 said:
hello im about to start my first project and after all the reading
i've come up with a detailed list including the prices for items i plan to purchase
to start me off... if i left anything out, or you disagree with some of the products im going to use and have a suggestion, by all means reply please.
grand total around $1400 dollars thanks in advance here's the list...

1. fox farm ocean forest or black gold 10 bags @ 13.95 a bag 139.50-150.00 (bx hydro) bruckner
2.two 600 watt hps h digital ballast (quantum ballast) $150-175(ebay)
3.solarmax 600w bulb 3pak 210.00 (ebay) or sunmaster bulb...220.00(ebay)
4.hydrofarm reflector x2 100.00 each-200.00(ebay)
5.5-7 gallon square or round white plastic bucket 10pcs. 100.00 us plastic
6.digital thermometer/hydrometer 35.00 (ebay)
7.Digital 4in1 Soil and Light Tester KC-300 35.00 (ebay)
8.fox farm big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom 1qt each 3 pack 48.00x2=96.00 (ebay)
9.carbon filtered exhaust fan 120-150 (ebay)
10.seeds... o.g. kush feminized,pine tar kush feminized,sour diesel feminized, tangerine dream feminized.

Im personally not a fan of fox farm OF....i prefer roots organics natural and organic 1.5cuft ($8-20)for young plants...and roll with promix hp black bag 3.8cuft $40......

also...house and garden or cyco nutrients are A LOT better, IMO!

for a new grower....doing a drain to waste program in a soil-less medium(promix hp, sunshine #4) is really easy! make sure you buy DRIP CLEAN...2ml/5gal after you ph the mix! with the drip clean you can feed nutrient every feed, with no water flush weekly! makes for better buds!

unless you arent worried about smell......120-150 will be the carbon scrubber alone.....just bought another one today....carbon filter (can 66) and 6" flange....$205! this one is just for the garage outside the room! haha...stankkky!

good call on the digi ballast...theyll be nice!

some food for thought.......!

GL

Kush

One other thing to note Im not sure anyone has had any sucess with those Tangerine dream seeds. I have heard alot, alot of people say they don't even germinate. I personally will never try any of big buddah seeds because I bought a pack of Blue cheese seeds and NONE of them germinated.

wow! none germinated thats crazy, the tangerine dream i smoked last year when i was at the cup... it was great but i never really followed up on it, but **** it
i'll take what ever grows besides reggie and i do need a ph meter, and damn i underestimated the cost on carbon filter exhaust, but i gotta do what i gotta do!:cool:

i have bought the tangerine dream seeds and they germed fine...........buy the barney's farm one!

Kushluvr said:
i have bought the tangerine dream seeds and they germed fine...........buy the barney's farm one!
thats the coffee shop i bought the weed from last year when i went to the cup
last year, but will do thanks:cool:

I would recommend black buckets. White can let light through and encourage algae growth. I would forget item #7--put that money towards item #9 which you underestimated. You will need an oscillating fan for the space and I also recommend a speed controller for your exhaust fan. Don't forget a good quality insulated ducting, flanges, and clamps.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I would recommend black buckets. White can let light through and encourage algae growth. I would forget item #7--put that money towards item #9 which you underestimated. You will need an oscillating fan for the space and I also recommend a speed controller for your exhaust fan. Don't forget a good quality insulated ducting, flanges, and clamps.

i second that.......im usung a speed controller dor the extra scrubber i bought yesterday and it is great......keeps the fan real quite!

KUSHLOVER139 said:
thats the coffee shop i bought the weed from last year when i went to the cup
last year, but will do thanks:cool:

i have three clones of it left from my mommy and i think im going to do a test with all three of them in a 10gal airpot...in a month, it grows awesome!!!

Latest posts

Back