starting seedlings ebb and flow Q.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sicnarf

Reaction score
My seeds have cracked (3 out of 4). I have them in 4 inch rockwool cubes. I made sure the cubes were moist by pouring distilled water over them. THey are sitting in the ebb and flow ready to go, but I have a question first before I add my nutes and turn the pump on.

1. Should I use just water until the seeds sprout with leaves or should I use 1/4 nutes right off the bat with them in the ebb and flow under full operation?

2. Or just wait until they are a few inches tall to start using 1/4 strengh mix?

3. Should I operated my pump 1 hour on 2 hours off right at the beginning or is this too much time in the solution mix for such a young seedling?

THanks guys and gals. **note I asked this question in my grow journal section as well to double the chances of quality advice ;)
user_online.gif

I dont think you want to flood them yet, but you dont want them to dry out either. I never used rockwool and havent done ebb and flo, but i wouldn't give them any nutes till there a couple weeks old.

Latest posts

Back