stealth armoire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShOrTbUs

Reaction score
finally got all moved in to the new house. we're renting now, so i figured i'd better get a little stealthy this time around.

the armoire is 70"high, 40"wide, and 24"deep. going to run a 400w cooltube setup, and a 2' 4 bulb t5. going with a 2 plant scrog in organic super soil.

not much to show just yet. it's still under construction as we speak. going to cut out the center shelf and line the inside with black/white 6mil plastic.

i'll update more when she's finished. i already have everything i need. just gotta find the time to get it done

:48:

20130831_181730 (1).jpg

20130901_220704 (1).jpg

How do you plan to light tight it? Are you painting it white inside or lining with mylar?

Melvan said:
How do you plan to light tight it? Are you painting it white inside or lining with mylar?

6mil plastic white on one side, black on the other.

almost done. ready for a dry run by the end of next week.

4.jpg

I thought that you were removing the shelf? How much height do you have in each section?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I thought that you were removing the shelf? How much height do you have in each section?

the shelf is gone. i left the 2x4 across the front so that i can install locks for the doors.

thanks for stopping in THG

looking pretty sweet in here. Cant wait to see some growing! Keep it up!:icon_smile:

budz4me said:
looking pretty sweet in here. Cant wait to see some growing! Keep it up!:icon_smile:

indeed. i have clones that have been in the fridge nearly 5 weeks now. lets hope their still viable

I did a similar set up years ago and if i remember i had issues with heat . Even though your sucking cool air through your cooltube or whatever there is still alot of radiant heat from yes, even a 400. Especially if you are growing in warmer months it really adds up. Anyway , what i did was to find, cut a thin piece of glass the same size as the inside perimeter and put it a few inches below your light source, it will help reduce an incredible amount of heat, also if you flood the space above the glass where the light is with cool air from a fan and heat will be virtually non -existent.
I noticed that especially when the doors are closed heat really builds up. Anyhow, just a thought, and great job by the way. Very clean set up. :)

ShOrTbUs said:
indeed. i have clones that have been in the fridge nearly 5 weeks now. lets hope their still viable

Can you explain how this works a little more?
I've heard of it but never seen or been explained proper way to do such a thing

Also nice job! Had a friend build one of those and did SCROG, he had himself quite the forest inside

7greeneyes said:
some clone mojo fer your grow, bro.

thanks for the much needed mojo 7 :48:

ShecallshimThor said:
Can you explain how this works a little more?
I've heard of it but never seen or been explained proper way to do such a thing

i've never researched it myself. i just tried it after hearing that a lot of other people do it as well. i have the clones in a large freezer bag, in the crisper, in the fridge. i opened it once after 2 weeks and took out 10 clones. 9 out of 10 clones rooted in 7-10 days. clonex and RR plugs in a dome. now, they've been in there for at least 3 more weeks. i will be truly impressed if i get over 50% this round. i have about 18 clones left.

Sol said:
I did a similar set up years ago and if i remember i had issues with heat . Even though your sucking cool air through your cooltube or whatever there is still alot of radiant heat from yes, even a 400. Especially if you are growing in warmer months it really adds up. Anyway , what i did was to find, cut a thin piece of glass the same size as the inside perimeter and put it a few inches below your light source, it will help reduce an incredible amount of heat, also if you flood the space above the glass where the light is with cool air from a fan and heat will be virtually non -existent.
I noticed that especially when the doors are closed heat really builds up. Anyhow, just a thought, and great job by the way. Very clean set up. :)

thanks for the heads up. what kind of fan did you use?

i'm making an attempt at a 6" 250cfm booster fan. i realize this style of fan don't have much "pulling power". i think i may be able to pull it off though. the total length of duct i'm using is less then 3ft. if it doesn't work out i still have my centrifugal fan to fall back on.

ShOrTbUs said:
the shelf is gone. i left the 2x4 across the front so that i can install locks for the doors.

thanks for stopping in THG

Weird, the picture really looks like the shelf is still there.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with this. Your outdoor grow is stellar.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Weird, the picture really looks like the shelf is still there.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with this. Your outdoor grow is stellar.

thank you THG.

just waiting on the fan to come in the mail. so i figured i'd get a little head start. these are clones from the boss hogg i have outside. only keeping 2 of the clones. 2 plant scrog in 3gal smart pots seems fitting for the space. if the clones root, they're going to have to re-veg first. so i'm looking at a long veg period this time around.

:48:

20130924_193015.jpg

what made you decide to go with the mylar instead of the panda film? nice setup by the way

Gary Ganja said:
what made you decide to go with the mylar instead of the panda film? nice setup by the way

its a type of insulation they sell at home depot. its basically bubble wrap, wrapped in a reflective material.
thanks for stopping in GG :48:

Are there any reflecability figures on that insulation? We all know that just because something looks like it is reflective doesn't necessarily mean that it is. I am going to be constructing a temporary space this winter and wondered about it, but hesitate to use something without known qualities.

Latest posts

Back