stealth drying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnastyblunts

Reaction score
anyone know the best way to dry without parents finding out? like outside in a tent or something like that.

or what if i died it in my closet, would there be enough air circulation, and how badly will this reek. They dont really come into my room so will the smell spread out of my room?

first off, you shouldnt really be growing out of your parents home. Very risky and very disrespectful. Are you even old enough to be on this forum? sorry, no response to your questions just because i dont think its very smart.

jnastyblunts said:
or what if i died it in my closet, would there be enough air circulation, and how badly will this reek. They dont really come into my room so will the smell spread out of my room?
Bad idea!! I would'nt even dry it on your parents property. Respect you parents property keep your illegal activities away!.

Hi Jnasty
It smells wherever you dry it, and yes, the smell would seep from your room and fill the house, you could always fast dry it and put the bud in air tight containers, quick dry tastes like smoking a cow hoof though.

Hippy

I have a friend who dries his outdoors up in a tree off his own property. I once asked him if the weather would goof them up, (mildew or mold) and he said no, but then I never tried it. I would wonder about insects ?
Just a thought shared. I have to agree with the other folks here, I wouldn't do this at my folks house. Imagine how you would feel watching the look on their faces as they got hand-cuffed and taken away, not to mention the fast talking you would find yourself doing when they got home. SHEESH, (shudder)

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

if you buy an ozone generator it wont smell search ebay and find a good one

thanks the last three commenters for actually helping me instead of critizicing my actions like the first two.

well take it how you will. just doesn't seem smart that you're willing to jeopardize your parents well being to get high. do what you want.

just my $0.02

WoOzer

its not just "to get high" dude...if that's all weed is to you maybe you shouldn't be in the movement...

straight up man, I grow because i have passion for the herb hence the name of the site. I'm not an idiot ive already thought about the concequences.

yung buddha said:
its not just "to get high" dude...if that's all weed is to you maybe you shouldn't be in the movement...

:holysheep: Maybe i shouldnt be in the movement either then? lol

yung buddha said:

Oh I would really like for you to emphasize your take on "the movement". Are you a medical patient? Or are you just another person trying to all out legalize marijuana because you think it would be so cool? I mean there would be nothing wrong with that, but I would much rather make it available to people who actually need it, and I put a lot of emphasis on the word need. I myself do need it. I was diagnosed with chronic insomnia when I was 12 and was a med patient back when i lived in California at age 18-20. I tried many other sleeping aids, OTC and prescribed, and it only made my condition worst. I'm not saying thats the only reason I smoke because its not. I like to get high too. You talk about "the movement" like you're actually involved. Have you been to the rallies? Have you voted for the candidates that are trying to make this medicine available to patients? Do you go to meetings to discuss the issue with your state rep? Do you donate to the organizations working hard to help the patients? I bet you don't. I'm 21 and I personally am involved, and have been since I turned 18, in trying to make my medicine available to me in my current state so I don't have to worry about being busted. Don't come in here and tell me about the movement. Pshhh. You have no idea.

WoOzer

hey jnasty

here's the way i see it grow'n as a med user...... If you lived in my house and grew or dried or even had weed in my house with out my consent to do so you would find yourself homeless in a hot second

really think about this because most likely if you do get busted your parents will find themselves homeless as well, and a very costly legal battle to boot

probly will disown you to, I know I would.....

not trying to harp but I don't think you really care what happens as long as you have your weed regardless of your families out come( if or) when you get busted.

good luck with oder problem

jnastyblunts said:
ur a good man woozer

Thanks, i dont really think i am, but thanks anyway. I just didnt appreciate what that guy said to me. With that said, i found this in one of the threads and i think if your going to do it then you might as well do it right:

Well, after months of deliberating how to dry stealthily, I decided to make my own version of Quickgrow's Herb Dryer, which they sell for $365!

PHASE 1 : The Plan
The drier is just a Rubbermaid with a carbon filter in it, with a fan ******* air through the filter and out of the cab. My only question was the type of fan used/CFM rating/etc. I discovered the pro-built boxes use only a cheap little muffin fan.

PHASE 2 : Gather Materials

In total this cost me about $55-60:

Rubbermaid container (about $15).
Inline fan - $22
scrubber - parts- $25,
carbon- $10
electrical cord - from a power strip (thanks, Dub.)
shelves and mounts - hardware cloth leftover from scrubber plans and screws I had laying around.

I had to decide which fan and filter to use. Well, after seeing prices on fans and filters, I was discontent. I came upon the SunScrubber, which I?m sure many of you are endearingly familiar with, and I knew it was right. Not so much because its sleek and bad as hell, but because its cheap and customizable.

While on the Home Depot trip to pick up scrubber materials, I was looking at their selection of inline fans. They had 4" - 80cfm, 6" - 250cfm, and 8" - 500cfm. I grabbed the 4" (80 cfm) because my scrubber uses a 4" opening, and because I believe 250 cfms is too much for this purpose. It cost $21.99. The 250cfm was only $24.99.

PHASE 3 : Construction
First, I constructed my scrubber. See this link for details:

DIY Pro-Style Compact Carbon Filter/Scrubber >$50 (by Sun is Shining)

I traced a circle around my inline fan to mark where it would be placed on the Rubbermaid. Using a butter knife and a lighter (the absolute worst way to do this) I cut a hole to snuggly fit my inline fan.

The fan was pushed through, with the fan blowing out of the box. The scrubber was slipped right onto the fan.

The drying racks: for this, I stuck some 3" screws through the sides to act as rails, on top of which is placed appropriately sized sheets of hardware cloth, which were left over from the scrubber. I will be utilizing 3 trays, approx. 3" apart vertically, giving me a little under 12 ft2 drying area.

I drilled a bunch of little holes in the lid for intakes. If these holes become an odor leak during the trial run, I will remedy this by purchasing a replacement odor stop furnace filter sheet, and place it over the holes, on the inner side of the lid.

How does it work?
I have run the first test with this machine and it has passed with flying colors. It dried the small white rhino buds from my 125w cfl grow in 2 days. They were crispy, but after being in the jar overnight, they have regained some pliability.

Also, no odor was detected from the drying process. The room even seemed a little fresher.

[Editor's note: it is easy and worthwhile to put the fan on a dimmer to slow down the rpm's and make drying a little slower. For best results, hook the fan up to a humidistat to dial in your relative humidty to a desired r.h.%]

well i dont think you guys understand, i live in the middle of no where. I hardly see any helicopters or planes flying in my town. The only way i would really get busted by growing one plant on my 200 acre farm is by my parents. Im not growing like a field or anything in my backyard. So as u can tell im not worried about them being thrown in jail.

In my opinion if your actions jepordize others life or property, you probably shouldnt be doing it. Im not raggin on ya, but you probably shouldnt involve your parents property. Let alone if they catch ya, It will be a waste anyhow. Good luck with whatever ya do.

Jnasty, ive read all the comments aimed at you, take it all with a pinch of salt, none of the people on here can say thay have been angels all their life and always thought of others before themselves, you have grown your plant/plants and simply asked about drying, i have to admit i agree with the others comments, your playing a very risky game, but saying that, were all here to help ANYONE who comes asking for help, my advice to you is find a secluded hidden area of your 200 acres and dry your buds in a home made dry box, only a box and string needed, after you have dried your stash, do not grow on your parents property again, this is a learning lesson for you.

Hippy

Latest posts

Back