Stealth fridge grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killertea08

Liven The Dream
Reaction score
I have an old fridge that still works well. I tested my Viparspectra 300w LED inside to see if the fridge can keep things cool. Guess what??? IT WORKS! The fridge hovers in the high 70's low 80's. This is a closed system experiment, just for kicks. I will increase CO2 PPMS to 1250 via Sentinel controller. 2 plants cloned from the last journal I did, unk strain but sativa dominant. Both in 1 10gal smart pot with organic soil. Wish me luck!

View attachment 20180403_125006.jpg

Green Mojo. Always good to see LED setups representing.

Nice Killertea, pretty stealth i would say. Wishing you the greenest of mojo!

I decided to route my co2 into the fridge. My sentinel controllet was sent in for repair. So for now it's on a cycle timer. It's set go off every hour for 2 min. We shall see what happens.

They are looking lovely! I'm looking into another LED light for my 2.5x2.5x6 tent, have you tried any of their bigger LEDs?

Hey Bubba thanks, they love my refrigerator! The 300w was used to veg my last grow. Glad to see my fridge is strong enough to keep temps in check. My buddy uses a 450w viparspectra in a 4 x4 and does very well. Now my last grow journal, I used a 900w but my garage forced me to use a/c in a ghetto closed system. Tents leak too much to use as a closed system. The only thing that helped was my Sentinel Co2 controller. For your space 450w to 600w should be fine. This depends on your ventilation as they will still heat up your tent.

Latest posts

Back