Stealth up in the trees?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hick said:
WoW!!! a "mountain Ramblin'" lady, willing to climb trees and pack water
00000015.gif
...almost "too good to be true". Do you own a fishin' boat or hounds?
OMG..I may be falling..
00000009.gif

Too funny! If only I could find someone within a million miles of here who thought like you... Apparantly we mountain mamas scare most of the papas off or something... :rolleyes:

So, seems as though my crazy idea has spurned a lovely indoor/outdoor debate. Those always are our fave debates aren't they? So I spent the weekend walkin around my woods (well, not technically mine-- but no one else seems to ever come in 'em!) and I've found some real prime spots, I think. I'm real excited for all this snow to melt now, as I've decided to finally add outdoor to my repertoire. :D

I'm sure I'll still be an indoor lady for the most part, but I've always kind of thought the more natural, the better (hence always organic), so I'm excited to set my girls free outdoors!!

By the way, hope I didn't offend anyone by bringing up the "nuts" comment... I really don't care, I just always feel a lil' funny keeping something so basic from people :D

And yes, I do have a fishing boat, but it's a kayak (all the better for trout around here), and I do have dogs-- 3 to be precise-- and 1 is a hound mix. :D

But I'm rambling about nothing. Just appreciating all the great people here-- it gets kinda' lonely out in these woods some days...

Dang girl. You sound jus' 'bout perfect.
00000033.gif

Can you "skun" a possum? Will your dogs hunt?? Do ya' cut bait?
00000051.gif
heee hee.

Now is the time to be preppin' for that OD guerrilla op. Getting either seedlings or clones vegging under a 16/8 lite regime. .."dingy-mau"!

Figured a mountain girl like you would like this read.

I always check the farmer's Almanac for best dates and stuff. I know old-fashioned, but its been around since 1818 must be doing something right. http://www.farmersalmanac.com/gardening/gardening.html

Good luck with you first outdoor grow. I would listen to Hick and GanjaGuru they know their OD growing. I'll be stepping out of this one. It makes me too jealous not to be able to grow OD anymore. :( They are right nothing compares to Mother Nature's way of doing it.

Don't you worry about preppin' my friend, I was born ready ;)

Ok, well that's a lie. I gotta' get the soil prepped-- not much dirt in our dirt around here. :p

Don't know about possum, but I've got a coon hangin' up over my chicken coop right now. To be honest, not much of a hunter myself. Don't have anything against it, and I'll do it from time to time, but (sigh) I was born female & it does still get to me from time to time...

But that coon was retribution killing, and I'm not above that at all. What I mean by that is that damn coon was asking for it!! You eat 5 of my best hens and let me catch you sleeping on the roost come morning, and I'm going to string you up as a warning!!

Okay, hope I haven't really offended anyone or scared anyone off. I know to most it pro'lly sounds disgusting, cruel, and awful... But if so, then you've pro'lly never kept livestock, and i just won't be able to explain it.

But I gotta stop draggin every thread I enter off track. sorry!!

This only gets better and better...
I had chicken problems this winter myself. A bobcat almost cleaned me out.Packed off and ate26 of 31, before I found his hole and snared his sorry butt. Hens didn't lay for a week. I detest those pale yellow, yolks on those store bought eggs.

Shot a coyote packin' off one of the 'barn cats', this winter, too. It's our duty to protect our animals.

Mutt said:
Figured a mountain girl like you would like this read.

I always check the farmer's Almanac for best dates and stuff. I know old-fashioned, but its been around since 1818 must be doing something right. http://www.farmersalmanac.com/gardening/gardening.html

Too funny Mutt!! You might not believe this, but I fell asleep reading that thing last night! (and visions of sugared-buds danced in my head.)

I'm a home-steader myself so I live by that thing. I know I'm home now. THIS is the place. :D

And here! here! Hick!!! Thanks for backing me on that one. Just goes to prove why I never got along with any of the girls in school or at work, but hey... at least someone knows what I'm talking about :D

Latest posts

Back