stealthy/quiet vent fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emuman

Reaction score
does such a thing exist? Im looking for a fan that doesn't make that
"grow room" sound, my grow is in the closet under the stairs, kinda under the living room, so if its too loud people will here it, and I would like to prevent this at all cost(within reason)

Their is this stuff that they use in the commercial HVAC industry called armaflex. Google it to find good prices on it. They use this stuff as an insulator and sound dampener on those huge A/C units you see on the side of building. A lot of people wrap their fans with it and afterwards they said it sound like a wisper.

zem said:
i suggest you get a higher than needed fan rating then add a fan controller to set it on low, this will make it VERY silent ;)

:yeahthat:

Only thing with armaflex is it looks ghetto, but does the job. It may not be cheap too cheap, but I have yet to see someone just line there walls with ecousitcal padding. They just come in sheets and you mount them, and its white. Not sure how reflective, but could always line with panda.

Latest posts

Back