Stem Splitting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Africanna

Reaction score
Any of you fine passionate folk have any experience with this stress training technique? Apparently it's been done in the Netherlands since the 70's.

If done, it's recommended to be carried out around the last week before harvest on outdoor grows and is reported to stress the plant to increase the uptake of nutrients and consequently make denser buds with higher trichome levels. Can't find much to validate this particular claim, so for me the jury's still out on this one.
1644930986685.jpeg

Can't find any info on the site so apologies if this one's already been flogged

I would think that it may slow the growth down trying to repair the damage to the stem .

Any of you fine passionate folk have any experience with this stress training technique? Apparently it's been done in the Netherlands since the 70's.

If done, it's recommended to be carried out around the last week before harvest on outdoor grows and is reported to stress the plant to increase the uptake of nutrients and consequently make denser buds with higher trichome levels. Can't find much to validate this particular claim, so for me the jury's still out on this one.
View attachment 288299
Can't find any info on the site so apologies if this one's already been flogged
Found this site
https://www.zamnesia.com/grow-weed/57-splitting-cannabis-stems

interesting , an old trick with a new twist

when a cannabis plant is injured , it produces auxins to heal itself

some plants react different to injury as far as a bigger yield , your mileage may very

Auxins are a group of naturally occurring and artificially synthesised plant hormones. They play an important role in the regulation of plant growth. Auxins were initially isolated from human urine.

Auxin means to “enlarge” or “increase”. They induce cell division, differentiation and elongation.

Charles Darwin detected phototropism movement (bending of plants towards light) in the coleoptile of canary grass. He observed that there was some influencer at the tip of the coleoptile, which was responsible for the bending towards the light.

Later, Frits Went isolated and named the substance as “Auxin”, which was responsible for phototropic movement in oat coleoptile.

Kenneth Thimann purified and elucidated the structure of primary auxins, e.g. IAA (Indoleacetic acid).

Naturally Occurring Auxins: Indole-3-acetic acid (IAA), Indole butyric acid (IBA)

Artificially synthesized Auxins: 2,4-dichloro phenoxy acetic acid (2,4-D), Naphthalene acetic acid (NAA)

Auxin Indoleacetic acid (IAA)

some plants react different to injury as far as a bigger yield , your mileage may very

Auxins are a group of naturally occurring and artificially synthesised plant hormones. They play an important role in the regulation of plant growth. Auxins were initially isolated from human urine.

Auxin means to “enlarge” or “increase”. They induce cell division, differentiation and elongation.

Charles Darwin detected phototropism movement (bending of plants towards light) in the coleoptile of canary grass. He observed that there was some influencer at the tip of the coleoptile, which was responsible for the bending towards the light.

Later, Frits Went isolated and named the substance as “Auxin”, which was responsible for phototropic movement in oat coleoptile.

Kenneth Thimann purified and elucidated the structure of primary auxins, e.g. IAA (Indoleacetic acid).

Naturally Occurring Auxins: Indole-3-acetic acid (IAA), Indole butyric acid (IBA)

Artificially synthesized Auxins: 2,4-dichloro phenoxy acetic acid (2,4-D), Naphthalene acetic acid (NAA)

Interesting. Thanks Big

Big words LOL
But do you do it Big?

I have tried almost every trick in the book and have found
Leave the plant alone and let it grow with proper feeding and light the plant will yield good on its own
Other then some topping in veg , and de-stemming the lower 1/3 of the growth.

have you ever bent a plant over so much that the main branch is touching dirt and then cut and scrape the stalk and bury it in the ground with the good end sticking up and watch it grow into another plant?

that’s pretty trippy

nope , the only stem splitting I do is when the branches get so heavy they split their bad selves

i grow outdoors too and my plants get plenty big on their own so I see no need for any plant manipulation outdoors
I have tried almost every trick in the book and have found
Leave the plant alone and let it grow with proper feeding and light the plant will yield good on its own
Other then some topping in veg , and de-stemming the lower 1/3 of the growth.
Agree.
I only do in ground outdoor grows and the MG and DP get huge on their own with ample yields. Even the same strains I have in 25ltr containers reach 6ft plus.

Latest posts

Back