Stick of Bud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusible

Reaction score
Sup Everybody! I was wondering if anyone could help me out on a question about budding. Is there a certain way that you can manipulate your plant into growing huge long buds rather than medium ones that are scattered around?

Here is an image:

long.jpg

I remove a bunch of the lower branches when they go into flowering, all the small stuff that isn't going to make anything substantial, It's kind of a "tough love" approach, like pruning a fruit tree to some extent. I know some SOGgers will take all but the top two or three. All the juice that would go to the little guys will now go to the tops.

Also, that is one gnarly plant in the picture!

Thanks Biffdoggie. I'll try that. Yeah that baby's gorgeous! I sure hope I can get something like that one of these days. The buds are huge!!

That must have been outdoor?? I don't know, flippin' weighty though.

fusible said:
Sup Everybody! I was wondering if anyone could help me out on a question about budding. Is there a certain way that you can manipulate your plant into growing huge long buds rather than medium ones that are scattered around?

Here is an image:

high!
what always worked for me is to remove all limbs but 4 of the thickest ones-- let it veg for two weeks then put into 12/12 cycle .. BUT it will need ALOT of support!
extra note** if you do this with tomato plants you will have 4 limbs about 20 to 25 feet long and more tomato's than you know what to do with! ( its a ***** to tie up!)

Yup, the same theory applies to all kinds of fruit/flower bearing plants, thin out the weak to strengthen the strong.

Strain also has a lot to do with bud size/placement.

Sativa's tend to have larger internodal spacing, and the buds are longer and "skinnier" than indica's.

That's very true also, some of the best sativa I've had was pretty small and spindly, but mmmmMMmmm good.

How about if you are a week into flowering? Will taking cuttings, or trimming the plants lower weaker branches shock the plant? Will i possibly get a hermie?

Shouldn't be a problem, I take mine off around a week or two and never have problems and I think GG does the same.

Thanks Biff, you're great help! Sounds good, I started to clip a couple of them yesterday, but I got paranoid about the whole hermie thing and stopped. I guess im traumatized from my first harvest, they all turned hermie because I made every mistake possible. These are looking way better and I wouldnt want to ruin em.... Thanks again, im getting to clippin!

Cool man, you'll find the happy medium for the strain with a little tweaking.

Latest posts

Back