Advertise On Marijuana Passion

sticky at the top

A

astra007

how about a sticky at the top of the site to let people know what the requirements are for starting a mj grow? i noticed that a lot of folks start out using the wrong soil, lights, temps, ferts, ect.. not a tutorial; just the basic needs for growing like proper pots, a ph tester, ph up/down solution, HID lights/ T5 fleuro's, fans, soil mixes, organic/chem ect? this way they can check it out and see the cost of growing start up all in 1 small package. or do ya think this would be a waste of time and space?

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a "waste of space", but I think the growguides covered in the existing "sticky" provide the information on the supplies required. If they read and "comprehend" the guides, the supplies required should be evident....or, "if the don't read the guides, they won't know how to utilize the products anyway"

A

astra007

yes hick, i agree but thought maybe having sumthin like this at the top or the page by itself would be an asset fer the forum. most newbies dont look around, they just post somewhere and pray. even old dino's like me when they need HELP. thank you

B

bejohnst

most newbies don't even look at the stickies... they don't read they just want to post something and have all their questions how how to get 1 oz per watt in one post and less then a paragraph... (sorry a bit drunk and venting on all the people who don't read anything just want answers like 'how can i get rich growing chronic')

Although I would love to see a compiled thread on what soil mixes people use. It seems everybody has their own ratio and componets they add a certain stages and it just doesn't seem to get discussed as much as on OG

T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Whats up bejohnst. I don't mind if someone has a problem finding something but when you get someone who comes in and wants you to do their whole grow that's a different story. Like you said if they would just look around everything is there all they have to do is read. I will say this for newbies alot of time they ask the questions because they wanna get it right the first time around and you can't blame them there.

As far as your soil idea i think it would be a good one and i will bring it up at the next Pow Wow. ;) By the time you read this you should have a hangover. :D
bejohnst said:
most newbies don't even look at the stickies... they don't read they just want to post something and have all their questions how how to get 1 oz per watt in one post and less then a paragraph... (sorry a bit drunk and venting on all the people who don't read anything just want answers like 'how can i get rich growing chronic')

Although I would love to see a compiled thread on what soil mixes people use. It seems everybody has their own ratio and componets they add a certain stages and it just doesn't seem to get discussed as much as on OG

A

AeroTX

both of you have good points. i know one thing though, i started reading this forum before i ever planned on being a member. as a matter of fact, i wasn't going to ever become one until a few individuals impressed the **** out of me and i had some questions. they need to read the stickies and they need to ask questions. find a medium ground on the subject. we ARE here for questions other wise the forum would be pointless, but it does get irritating posting the same thing every day about curing and what not.

Latest posts