Still good or no go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugs

Reaction score
We have some 9 yr old Happy Frog and Light Warrior.

Wanting to plant tomatoes 🍅 in the HF and pop a few old seeds in the LW.

Do you think this soil is still good?

Attachments

• 20220613_120836.jpg
    20220613_120836.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1
Another Question:

Are these pots big enough for autos? I want to pop seeds in 'em and grow to harvest, with no transplant.

TIA. 😊

Attachments

• 20220613_124732.jpg
    20220613_124732.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1
I bet it's better then the crap they are pushing as happy frog now. We have a new store in town that carries a bunch of different soils, so I will be changing from happy frog.
I don’t do soil but I had a friend recommend HF soil. So I tried it and instantly went deficient. 🤣 Might as well be sterile rockwool.

I have had nothing but problems in the last year from hf, just like you said deficiencies from the start. I'm thinking about promix but they have others too. Always heard good on black gold, heard the same on kellogg. Had some good grows in kellogg but it's not the same anymore either. If I had a better setup I'd just get my feet wet with coco.

I bet it's better then the crap they are pushing as happy frog now. We have a new store in town that carries a bunch of different soils, so I will be changing from happy frog.
When and what changed? I've gone through several bags and haven't noticed a difference. I keep my mom plants in happy frog. Three base nutrients it contains keeps them happy for the first 30 days and then I start adding nutrients every watering.

I have had problems with it for a few years now. Now ocean forest is a different story. Used have good luck with hf but it started getting bad and hasn't gotten no better.
Same exact experience here. I have used Ocean Forest before and always have good luck with it. HF, not so much. We are a suspicious bunch!

Bubba

Latest posts

Back