Still having pH issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyrate

If the phone doesn’t ring… It’s me
Reaction score
I put together some of Massproducers Coco buckets. The pH keeps going up into the sevens. I just got a gallon of pH down and started purging the buckets. I ran 5 gallons of 3.0 PH water through one of the buckets and it still shows 6.8 to 7.2. I drain the reservoir at the bottom of the bucket each time I washed it. PH still won’t come down. Does anybody know why?
This is getting really frustrating now

I use to grow in Coco and it was hard to lock in a steady PH value I gave up
I went by how the plants were looking, Rain water I hear can be tricky may want to further look into that.
Are you doing feeds every watering I hope you are doing plain water in between feedings
Your PPM levels will climb through the roof (parts per million of nutes in the plant) need a meter for that

Have you read up on someones way they do coco?
You may want to find a good coco grower with active grow that you can learn as you follow along
It can be involved , that is why I went back to soil grows , Much easier

The plant looks absolutely awful because I can’t get the pH to come back down and I think it’s in lockout.
i’m seriously thinking about trashing the plant to try again start from scratch.

That’s kind of funny because I tried to use soil on my first grow. The soil became hard as a rock

I grow African violets, Japanese lantern hibiscus, satsumo oranges and several other exotic plants but I can’t grow a friggin weed!

Don't give up thing will get better. I never grew in Coca before. Maybe you should try something else to grow in. I use Fox Farm. Sending Luck your way.

Just checked the ph again. 7.2? How is it possible to run 5 gallons of 2.5-3.0 water through that bucket and still get 7.2 readings?
I migh sell everything and buy a still. I see moonshine in my future!
we made moonshine one time using corn flakes for the mash and it was delicious.
maybe I’ll just throw the seeds in the yard and forget about ‘em. They’ll probably thrive!

I have never liked CoCo. Pain in the ass. I'll stick to my FF Ocean Forest or I'll just do DWC. I had to re-pot the last plant I tried to grow in Coco.
Will never do it again.

That’s kind of funny because I tried to use soil on my first grow. The soil became hard as a rock
You need a quality soil like this
1645876656439.png

and add 30% perlite to it to form a mix (it allows for better water drainage.
And never overwater your plants. When soil needs water you will learn how to do it by the weight of your pots. This soil can almost make it through Veg cycle without much additives .
(it has fertilizer built in worm castings Nitrogen and Bat sheit Good stuff)
In flower you have to supplement the feed for floral growth.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are transplanted from coco into the soil make sure you get a good ball of the coco covering the roots and plant in right into a pot of the soil mix.
Use a big serving spoon to do this (scoop up the coco and plant and plop it into the hole in soil and top off with more soil)

Latest posts

Back