Stoked on my first grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home De Pot buckets all the way, for me... gotta lovem

ston-loc said:
Yeah, drilled about ten 7/8" holes at the bottom sides. You can see em in the pic. Figured why spend $10 a pot in the garden section when I can spend $3 and drill my own drain holes.

Early harvest off the early flowered GDP dried, and jarred weighed in at 15.3 grams. My first grow, and now dry, this was actually good practice before the real harvest in the coming future. The way I did it didn't work as great as I thought. Pretty dry and crunchy. Have to figure out a better set up for the real harvest. Regardless, it's the first fruits of my labor. Haven't partaken yet. Going to let it cure for as long as possible. I'm sure if I wasn't sitting on a stash that would be a different story :D

yield.JPG

hecks yeah! way to go, friend. I dry mine upside down at room temp w/ a fan constantly on for 4-5 daze till the smaller stems snap, cut them into their individual budz and cardboard boxem up, let dry for 3 daze (stirring the buds every day), then either tupperware or jar'em and continue the air exchange daily till cured goodness (~2weeks).

Peace n' Purps,

7greeneyes :)

Looking VERY good! Especially for a first grow! You are lucky dude. I'm on my 3rd grow and finally got it right ;). I assume these are all females?

Thanks everyone!
@Irish, I have high hopes for the Sweet Tooth. Especially since its been my daytime smoke for the past month or two. Hoping for a good yield! She's taller than me now. Including the bucket and soil. Side question about her for any outdoor larger plant growers. Just last week I had to add a ton of stakes and string to hold her upright. I had a center stake on the main stalk, but it always seemed to change the direction she was leaning. Well today I get home and the center stake is still holding the main stalk upright, but the 7 or 8 main cola branches coming out of the top are leaning at near a 45 degree angle. This is over 5 feet up, and the 4 foot stakes arent tall enough to tie her up with. Do I need massive stakes to support from? Or is the leaning fine? I just worry that once they get heavier they might snap.
@Gypsy, they are all female clones. I went the easy route for my first grow from the dispensary. Thinking to try some beans for grow #2. :D And feeling pretty luck also, from all I've read and heard of others first grows. I've just had some good mentors helping me through with advise, and what I should do when I've had issues. Along with help from members on here. So thank all of you too!

So I got home from work today and the Sweet Tooth had a broken branch, as I worried would happen. Wasn't completely snapped, but we'll see if it will make it. The rest of the ones I was worried about on the top half are even longer and the buds actually turned the 45 degree angle vertical from the leaning branches. I'm usually more of a masochist, but decided to get all sadist on her ;)

Hopefully the one semi-snapped branch makes it.

STmasochism.JPG

She's looking great ston-loc props man

Enjoying the California sunshine! Been blazed all day, and every time I go out back just gives me "high giggles". You all know what I mean. ;) You can't see the butchered GDP in this pic, but front left is the OG Kush which is super sticky with trichs. Literally more bud sites than leaves on her. Then the beast in the back middle is the Sweet Tooth that I had to go out and add more stakes, 360 degrees around because like i assumed again, leaned the opposite direction after be tied from just one side. Those top colas are gonna be cork screws, haha. Then the Lemon OG front right. She's super bushy and sticky with trichs also. A really sweet smell coming from her. The GDP and ST are flowering, but not really any trichs yet. Any how, back to the new glass I recently purchased :bong:

plants4.JPG

So I was down in LA over the weekend. Took some of the early harvested GDP with me to share, and got nothing but rave reviews :) Actually had a chick that's a friend of a friend that didn't know I was from Nor Cal, just told her it was my first grow, blah blah blah, and she smelled the bag and said "This smells like Nor Cal bud". Pretty happy with the responses of my early harvest.
Aside from that, all 4 girls are flowering, super sticky, and looking good. Aside from the damn caterpillars. Question for you Kush growers. My OG kush is about 6 weeks into flower, and the colas are more like a ton of popcorn buds. Really thin. Super sticky, but not much bulk to them yet. Is this normal with the strain?

Ok, some current pics.

First 3 are of the Lemon OG

Next 2, the OG Kush. Which like i mentioned is loaded with little buds. Not sure if its the strain or what, but not really filling out like the others.

Then 2 of my big one, Sweet Tooth.

And lastly, 2 of my freak GDP that I already harvested the half OZ off of the early flower. Which smoked great too!

Thanks for looking

P9090004.JPG

P9090005.JPG

P9090012.JPG

P9090007.JPG

P9090006.JPG

P9090008.JPG

P9090009.JPG

P9090010.JPG

P9090011.JPG

nice stone-loc looks real goood. im jelous

ston-loc said:
So I was down in LA over the weekend. Took some of the early harvested GDP with me to share, and got nothing but rave reviews :) Actually had a chick that's a friend of a friend that didn't know I was from Nor Cal, just told her it was my first grow, blah blah blah, and she smelled the bag and said "This smells like Nor Cal bud". Pretty happy with the responses of my early harvest.
Aside from that, all 4 girls are flowering, super sticky, and looking good. Aside from the damn caterpillars. Question for you Kush growers. My OG kush is about 6 weeks into flower, and the colas are more like a ton of popcorn buds. Really thin. Super sticky, but not much bulk to them yet. Is this normal with the strain?

It should fill out a good amount, but OG is not a huge producer. I get an average of around 3oz per OG...

ston-loc said:

It should fill out a good amount, but OG is not a huge producer. I get an average of around 3oz per OG...

Thanks guys. So as of now, those dang caterpillars love the Lemon OG. Pulling at least one or more out daily. Checking multiple times a day on all 4 plants, and Lemon seems to be the one they like the most. Hoping they don't destroy her too much, cause she's the one with the thickest, sweetest smelling buds so far.
Aside from that, all 4 are getting frosty. Might even have to submit a BPOTM entry :smoke1:

idea of what my OG is looking like they came from reserva prada

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

Weird... I mean, my first grow and all, but I got the clones from the dispensary as what I've named em. My OG def looks different than yours. I dunno, just a waiting game now.

Ston-loc, your girls look excellent.
Keep up the good work and good luck till the end!
:aok: :aok:

Latest posts

Back