stopped growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could be right. However I have never grown with that type of soil. From my research in the past, it was stated not to be good, plus is it also a known facted that bark produces acid as it breaks down.
I have always mix my own soil with wormcasting, Bat Guano, Greensand, purelite and others. And I haven't grown in soil for a few years now, switched to hydro and make thing much easier.

Not sure, but what is MG soil anyway.

Grim

Grim Reefer said:
You could be right. However I have never grown with that type of soil. From my research in the past, it was stated not to be good, plus is it also a known facted that bark produces acid as it breaks down.
I have always mix my own soil with wormcasting, Bat Guano, Greensand, purelite and others. And I haven't grown in soil for a few years now, switched to hydro and make thing much easier.

Not sure, but what is MG soil anyway.

Grim
I here ya Grim. I have read many threads about people not liking MG Miracle Grow soil because of the nutes that are in it. We have found as long as you use the nutes in very small doses the plants will stay healthy. We tried other soils but always had somekind of problems with them this is why we have stuck with MG soil.

Hold on is that miracle grow soil. You got be kidding me. It is a well known fact that miracle grow soil contains high amounts of acid. And it is developed so that weed will have a very hard time growing in it. It also lacks magnesium which is in high demand with flowering. I am not trying to say you are wrong and it is good that you had good luck with it, however I would never use any type miracle grow products with growing bud (will cause high salt build up and in turn will cause nuke lockout).

I will say this; what ever works for you than that's cool with me. No offence intended.

Peace,
Grim

The Brother's Grunt, I checked your pics (Damn nice). You grew that in MG soil, humm. Very impressive I must say. Your ladies look mighty tasty and must have one hell of a kick, not bad at all.

Grim

No problem Grim. Like i said i have never had any problems with it that's why we still use it. As far as MG nutes go we don't use them we use Fox Farm nutes. It's funny you say they have a hard time growing in it because our plants grow just as big and fast as any other plants grown. Here is a pic of a mother plant that is 6 weeks old and grown from seed in MG soil. Thanks for the compliment Grim.

100_4802.jpg

MG soil, humm. I have been corrected. Mother plant seems to be very healthy. With MG soil, and during flowering stage, do you need to leach the soil? I'm learning something new (good day). If I seemed to be close minded, my bad.

Grim

heee hee hee..hey Grimm, my experiences with MG were not as productive as TBG's either. He does a stellar job, ehh?
I found that a lot of garlic made the "crow" taste better, too....;)

At least you tried it Hick, my observation has been, (correct me if I'm wrong) that 99.9% of those who "bad mouth" MG soil are those who have never tried it...

Grim Reefer said:
MG soil, humm. I have been corrected. Mother plant seems to be very healthy. With MG soil, and during flowering stage, do you need to leach the soil? I'm learning something new (good day). If I seemed to be close minded, my bad.

Grim

Hey Grim and TBG, mind if I chime in. I will say. MG is not too bad for veg. I've had to use it or use cheapo generic potting soil. and the cheap stuff pitched me a fit and a half. MG didn't do me any wrong.
but..I will say MG ferts for 3 months. So care must be taken when switching to Flower ferts. I myself would not be opposed to a good flush 2-3 weeks into flower. (after the stretch) then switch to the Bloom ferts. IMHO
but the MG green goo of death is a nono. That green powder is crapola.

Hick: LOL, yea it seemed a tab bit small for 6 weeks. Mother plant (small). Using my own blend I have had them around 2 feet tall and looking like trees within 3.5 to 4 weeks, but to each their own.

Advocate: Not bad mouthing soil, just stating facts about the product. My concern is buying soil from a bag and one really does not know what is in it. Wood chips is a good sign of bad soil for growing weed.

However, to each thier own. I will not use MG products. Hell, I don't even use MG in my garden, let alone on my bud.

Peace,
Grim

I agree with mutt, the MG powder is crap but the SOIL has done me well, flush well in flowering... then add flowering nutes in VERY small quanities...

Grim- I agree that it's a crap shoot with the mystery bag, but for a beginner who wants modest results with minimal amount of hassle it can't be beat, I tried to self fertilize but ended up burning, was unable to replicate the MG results so I reverted back to it... The last sativa I grew with it maxed out over 7 feet, had to top it when it hit the ceiling, I believe the height is dictated by the strain...

Advocate: 5 weeks seem kinda small. How long do you plan on vegging them?
5 weeks with the right enviroment should be at least 2 feet tall. I agree they are healthy, but exstreamly small for 5 weeks. Rule of thumb is to wait until they are at least 12 inches before flowering. Well, one could assume it will take you another 5 to 6 weeks to get there. If the salts in the soil does not kill them first. I would not have the patients to wait 10 to 12 weeks to start flowering. Normal grow from start to finished would be between 12 to 14 weeks and done. You guys are taking to much of a chance, 24 hour light cycle for 10 to 12 weeks is a problem waiting to happen.

I grew a super skunk, 13 weeks from beginning to end. It produce close to 14 ounces. No seeds and the shit would make you stupid.

I have not idea where you people get this info to grow weed with MG soil (so far not that impressed). The way I see it, if this plant is worth so much money, then why would I use cheap soil.

If you use the best, then one would expect the best.

If you want the best, then I recommend this place.
http://www.wormsway.com

I wish you all well,
Grim

Grim- the picture is deceptive, (taken from above), those are 5 gallon containers and the plants are over 1 foot tall, I will start flowering today, right on schedule, from seed to finish in 13-15 weeks, the sativas were 3 feet tall at five weeks..

OK this will be my last post in this thread. All the mother plants you see in the pics are 6 weeks old and have been topped and tied down and they are still over a foot tall. If we didn't top them and tie them down they would be well over the 2 feet your talking about. Here is another pic of our current White Widow grow. 22 White Widow clones 6 weeks into flower each one over 3 feet tall.

100_4802.jpg

100_4803.jpg

100_4805.jpg

100_4804.jpg

100_4853.jpg

I stand by my statements:
(1) Those who deny it have never tried it.. (unobjective opinions)
(2) For a beginner it's modest results with minimal hassle..(water plants)
(3) The height is dictated by the strain (look at "lowrider")

if i will not get sworn at for posting here; i would like to mention something as i am familiar with SCOTT's miracle grow soils. brothers grunt, do you use garden or potting soil and then which of the line are you using; the organic or the chem. if you all would be so kind to go to www.miraclegrow.com and see the massive product line and the application of each, i think alot of the varying results would be cleared up.

Good point astra, Miracle-Gro® Potting Mix here, and you TBG?
(The "garden" mix may have large pieces of "wood" in it, whereas, the "potting" mix does not)

Latest posts

Back