Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Storage time

craterlake

Reaction score
Hi folks! I haven't been on in awhile, how's everybody doin? I have a question of course. How long can mj be stored? I only grow for me, and I have been pretty lucky with my last two grows. I've actually closed down shop because of the surplus!:holysheep: I have it all in quart jars in my basement, which is a walk-out and stays around 60 degrees year round.
I have to laugh at myself... I remember my first serious grow and being so proud of myself when I ended up with 8.5 oz. from seven plants! LOL! Some of you may remember that and already had a good laugh! That was my learning grow though and since then I only grow four plants in my closet and will be switching to three. And now I am getting five and six oz per plant! Hooray!
So now I have enough to last me a year or two and want to make sure I keep it right. Dry and cool. Some of it is cured, some is curing. So, are the jars good enough in the cool basement? I know some frown on storing in a freezer. Any thoughts?

thanks!

getnasty

Reaction score
They'll be fine in the jars in the basement, bud. Keep checking on the curing buds until they're officially cured.

Menimeth

Reaction score
I have heard Hick say he lost a jar for over six years, and the smoke was still good when he found it. Can't remember which thread it was posted on but I don't see a jar of good smoke lasting 6 months around me, much less 6 years. I suspect it will be fine for as long as you need it to be. Just do as getnasty says, it is good advice.

craterlake

Reaction score
Hey thanks folks! I appreciate the advice! I am still 'burping' the new stuff, don't want any mould or anything! I have been so successful because of all the help and advice I received from all you guys, so much thanks to all of you!!!:icon_smile:

4u2sm0ke

Reaction score
Basement is fine...NO FREEZER!!!!!

Good to see ya again crater...and great work on the yields:aok:

:48:
take care and be safe

pcduck

Feed the soil, not the plant
Reaction score
I store mine in jars in a cool dark place. Had some 2+ years, still dank

Latest posts