Strange growth spurt in plant

skunk

Reaction score
hello stink bud to try and help you with this bring your lights closer , your plants are trying to reach your lights because the farther your lights are the less lumens they are recieving. as of right now i would start LST method which is slowly buckling it over so the lower and middle section can start there own grow and catch up with your tops . but like i said previously bring your flos closer atleast 1 to 2 inches from the tops or do the lst.

skunk

Reaction score
as a matter of fact stink bud you can do both if needed . with the exception lst does not slow your grow down like topping . also to add i would wait a while longer till you distinguish male or female before you top .if its gonna be a male topping would take that much longer to find out.

Ravishing_68

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to my plants...just this past week. and I have 400watt MH inline air cooled lighting. I kept the lighting 3-4" from the tips of the plants. Would look the next day and they'd be pressed against the glass. Pic left to right: day 21, day 24, day 28, close pic of my "celery" stalks :cry:

Day 21b.jpg

day 24a.jpg

day 28a.jpg

day 28d.jpg

Ravishing_68

Reaction score
StinkBud said:
what kind of seeds, soil, food did you use ravishing? They look like mine. All getting the exact same light, but some acting like they're not getting enough. I did notice that the leaf size is pretty small on it compared to the others, so that may be part of the cause.

These are Northern Light x Big Bud seeds. I have a DWC system with a drip system (hydroponic) and I'm using Dyna-Grow. The last plant I grew had wonderful spacing and was going strong and fast, but much more compact. Unfortunately, it has "balls" :eek: (male), so I got rid of it before it could drip pollen around.

skunk

Reaction score
rav i hope i can

rav.i hope i can correct you without you thinking im gonna insult you , but anyways pollen dont drip ,pollen flys around the room like dust particles. hope i didnt offend you. you may even already know this and accidently put drip in there but we do not want noobies to get the wrong idea .

KADE

Aero Lord
Reaction score
Yeah, mj's pollen is soooo light, lighter then flour... about the same coarseness... any little breeze and it is everywhere.

Ravishing_68

Reaction score
no offense taken, it was to be a bit of dry humor... all I know is that as soon as it was sexed, I got it out of there... pollen is a baaaaaaaaaaaad thing for my grows. But thank you for correcting my horrible english.

Noob84

Reaction score
with cfl's you can put them 1/2 inch from your plants if you have a fan. my plants are about the same age as yours but have 10x's the leaves with thick stems and are only 6 inches tall.

Latest posts